The Loving Dad

"If I knew that all my wishes in life were going to be fulfilled on my wedding day, I wouldn't have bothered putting so many socks on my bedside all throughout my childhood."

Shree's Perspective

"He slept?" I ask Abhimanyu, rubbing his arm as he pats Ayansh's forehead. I lean on his shoulder and kiss his contours, "Come and let's sleep."
"I can't believe he was in fever for the whole day. I will kill this doctor." I smile as he scowls and I kiss his cheek, winding my arms around him, "Medicines are working, honey. He had fever, it will pass gradually."
"Then what this doctor is doing?" He counters back and I sigh, "It's useless to tell you anything when you don't want to listen to me. Now, will you come to bed?"
"I can't believe it, you're telling me off because of a doctor. A quack, actually." He retorts, getting up and I cover Ayansh with his baby wrapper, and press kiss on his forehead.
"And why the hell did you have ice cream? Have you forgotten that you're still breastfeeding him?" He blames it all on me and I cross my arms, "You want to fight? Just say it."
"I am fighting. I am fighting? I am just telling you to stop-" He trails off when I glare him, "Abhimanyu, you're exceeding. He has fever because he's just been vaccinated and stops blaming me for the ice cream I had once."
I turn away and start making bed. In snaps, I feel arms wrapping around my waist and warm breathe on my neck, I stop and puff my face, letting him know that I was angry. Before I could say anything, he start kissing my neck and soon enough, I could feel his want as he trails the path of my neck, shifting my hair and nibbles on the skin.
"I am sorry." He hushes, softly.
"Why are you apologizing? I know you're tense but snapping at me or the doctor or anyone who touches Ayansh won't help." I try to make him understand and he hums, dipping his head low in my hair.
"Now, sleep. You've been taking care of him since the whole day." I propel him; he's been with Ayansh throughout the day, after the vaccination.
He'd snapped on the Doctor for injecting Ayansh, snapped on me when I could not do anything as his fever goes up, snapped on Paridhi when Ayansh cried in her lap.
"You both are my life. You know!" Abhimanyu says, cutely, "I can't see when Ayansh and you're hurt. He was crying today, I want to keep pain off him as much and as long as I can."
Swiveling around, I cup his face, "I know and I love you for that but sometimes, you make me want to smack your head." I giggle at last and kiss his nose.
At the moment precise, Ayansh wakes up again and cries. I sigh, tottering to him and scoop him up in my arms, "What happened to my munchkin? Shh....mamma is here."
"Shree!" Abhimanyu calls, slipping beside me while I make Ayansh sleep and look at him.
"You know what the benefit of twins is?" He asks out of blue.

I gape at him, "No, why?"
"We can raise then simultaneously, can wake up in nights together, change diapers at a time, can baby proof the whole house at one point of life." He explains.
"What's exactly your point?" I ask getting bored and he smiles, mischievously, "My point is, Ayansh is just six months, umm...so we can try for my daughter. You know, it's my suggestion. That will also help us in...."
"Keep your suggestion to yourself. No baby until Ayansh is in high school." I rebuff him and he guffaws, "Wouldn't it be too awkward for him? I mean, imagine, he is in high school and you're -"
"Whatsoever!"
"He slept." Abhimanyu kisses his cheek as touches his fingers, kissing them, "He sleeps so easily unlike other kids. I think he learnt that I can't see you getting worried and that's why he doesn't throw tantrums."
I caress Ayansh's head, "No. Because he loves mamma and I am thankful that he's easy. I can't even imagine how would have I manage everything if he was little nettlesome."
"So, where is my reward?" Abhimanyu asks, wiggling at me and I guffaw, "What reward?"
"Of course, for giving you such a lovely baby." He boosts and I roll my eyes, "Why are you so presumptuous, Abhimanyu? I have the equal share here. That being said, where's my reward?"
"What do you want?" He asks, hoisting Ayansh up in his arms and saunters to his cradle, I watch affectionately as he lays him and covers him with his blanket, peppering kisses on his forehead.
"Do we really need to go back? Can't we stay little longer here?" I catechize, wrapping my hands around my knees, bringing them to my chest.
"You are prolonging your stay here since Ayansh has come. Not anymore." He refuses straightaway, whipping his neck to me, "I have a business there. I can't manage everything from here; you know how hard it is?"
I make a face, looking down. He is right; we've been in Jaipur for quite a long time. I wonder how I would manage everything alone. Ayansh and household chores, it will be too much.
"Don't worry, I'll help you." Abhimanyu says hugging me and I look at him, surprisingly, "Did I say out loud?"
"No but I can understand that's the reason." He says, dimming the lights, "You want some massage?"
I grin, heartily "Yes, please. I am so tired. Would you please do some head massage as well?"
"Lay on your stomach!" He says, softly after kissing my head and I flip on my stomach, his manly fingers though aren't accustomed for massage but he knows some techniques. He would press on some pressure points and I would immediately relax after that.
It helped me a lot after delivery. Instead of opting some high exercises, I assorted to power yoga and it did wonders along with his massage. Though I still have a lot of baby fat but it will somehow get away.
I sigh in relief as he starts pressing my back with his deft fingers, sliding my hair to one side; I smile in contentment, closing my eyes.