22. Rose petals?

-Johana-

I woke up the next morning and stretched before looking around. My so called map wasn't much of a nap.

I sat up and got out of bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and then went to grab my phone but saw a note instead.

'Baby girl.. Follow the rose petals.. Come out of your room and look down..'

I held the note in my hand and did what was said for me to do. I opened the for and like it said there was a tail off rose petals leading towards the stairs.

What's going on? Who's doing this? My mind was all over the place with questions.

I followed the trail and found myself in my living room with another note on the couch.

'All the movies we would watch as we cuddled and I would kiss on you to distract you.. I want that again.. Follow the rose petals again'

Now I'm even more confused. Who's doing this? I looked around me and saw another trail of rose petals. I followed the path once again and it lead me out front. I looked around for another note and found one on the railing down the steps.

'Remember when I first took you out? Your mom didn't like us much.. You should know what to do now'

So once again I followed the rose petals. This time it took me to my back yard. When I looked up the sight took my breath away.

There were bright lights hanging around the trees and a big white tent is set up. I heard some soft music playing, Shawn's music. I smiled lightly and finished my path and into the tent.

When I walked in the room had many, many roses creating a heart. Guess who stood in the middle?

Shawn freaking Mendes.

I placed a hand over my mouth and gasped quietly. There were more lights hanging around and in the middle of the heart was a quilted blanket with a basket that had some wine bottles sticking out of it. I giggled softly and walked over to Shawn.

He handed me one more note and I smiled lightly.

'Hear me out baby girl. Talk to me and have a small meal, yeah? I've got a question.. Look up..'

I looked up from the paper to see Shawn on one knee and I covered my mouth once again.

"Don't worry, I'm not proposing. One day though," he smiled softly and pulled out a small box. "I love you, Johana. So fucking much and I know we've had some troubles but I can't help but say I see a future with you. I want a future with you." A silent tear ran down my face and I smiled again. He continued, "so I want to give you this.." He opened the box to reveal a ring with a small diamond. "I want to give you this promise ring.. I promise I won't hurt you.. I promise you are the only girl for me.. I love you."

By now there were practically rivers coming out of my eyes. Nobody has ever said something like this towards me. Not even Shawn.. Until now at least. I nodded my head at him and he smiled sliding the ring on my ring finger.

I looked up at him and he placed both of his rough hands on either side of my face before he gently kissed my lips.

"Will you please.. Be mine again baby..?" He whispered as his hands made their way down around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Of course Shawn." I kissed his lips one again smiling through it. "I missed you.."

I missed kissing his lips. I missed having his arms around me. I missed his sweet smile. I missed his amazing laugh. I missed Shawn. I'm so happy to have him back..

"Would you like some breakfast and wine?" He smiled and I laughed lightly, nodding.

"I love you, Shawn."

"I love you more, baby girl."

-----------------------

First update in awhile!

Pretty happy with the chapter so I'm gonna go with it.

If any errors please tell me!!

Love y'all!

-Jamie