Chapter 10

Friday...
___________________________________

Abby's P.o.v
The past week has been amazing.

Every day me and Ryder walked to and from school. We would talk about the most random things but make them interesting as I don't know what. And we would hang out with Matt at lunch but we changed our lunch location from the bleachers to the courtyard under a bunch of trees.

I guess after our talk Ryder got a bit more comfortable with hanging out with me. He smiles more often. Not alot but he does and it's amazing. We also go see Lilly every day. We'll stop at either his or my place and do homework then kidnap Lilly for a few hours.

I'm in the right place to say this week has been awesome.

~~~

"Abby! Get up!" Ben yelled through my door. I groaned and threw a pillow at my door.

Good news: Next week is Spring Break.
Bad news: I still have school today.
Other bad news: I have no plans next week.

With those thoughts I slid out of bed and took a shower.

I got out and put my clothes on. It's a simple outfit. Since Mom is doing laundry I'm stuck with a red t-shirt, black ripped jeans, and black converses.

I left my hair out and did my regular make-up before grabbing my things and went downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple out of the refrigerator. Ben walked in and ruffled my hair before taking bacon off my mom's breakfast plate. He bit it right in my face and I grimaced.

"How can you be a vegetarian? Meat is awesome." Ben asked.

"How can you eat meat. Meat is a poor, innocent animal that got taken away from its family and slaughtered for your own selfish needs." I retorted.

Mom and Ben just stared at me with their jaws dropped.

"Point proven." I chirped taking a bite of my apple and walking outside.

I took out my phone about to text Ryder that I'm outside. That's what we've been doing all week. If he was out before me then he would text me and vice versa.

"About to text me?"

I basically jumped out my skin. I turned around ready to yell at Ryder but my words got stuck in my throat when I saw who it really was.

"Dustin." I muttered.

How could he be here? Why would he be here? I would pull the big brother card but the only big brother that truly cares is fighting in the army. Where would Dustin be living if he is here? How does he know where I live? Shouldn't this heart breaking jerk be somewhere else, I don't know...breaking hearts?

"You look a little choked up baby." He said walking closer to me. I walked backwards but forgot we were still on the porch and tripped on the step. Twisting my ankle in the process.

"Still very clumsy I see Abby."

He kept advancing towards me but I couldn't move because of my ankle.

"G-go away." I stuttered.

He knelt down in front of me and caressed my cheek. I turned my head away.

"Don't touch me." I grumbled.

My bad if I don't have the confidence to look heartbreak in the face. Let alone his electric blue eyes that haunt me every Valentines Day.