Chapter 16

Ryder's P.o.v (still after date)
I chuckled and walked across the yard to my house. As soon as I opened the door John, Matt, and Brendon attacked me with questions.

"How was the date?"

"Did you have fun?"

"Is she your girlfriend yet?"

"Why are you so wet?"

I put my hands up and they stopped. Seriously these people need their own lives. I mean, doesn't Brendon have a band he can hang out with? Sorta?

And Matt...I'm his only friend. But he could've gone home and made grilled cheese or something.

"One at a time." I said walking around them.

My plan is, they ask me the questions while I get ready to take a shower. But once I'm in the bathroom they have to be gone.

"How was the date?" John asked.

"Good." I said taking off my shirt and grabbing a towel.

"Is she your girlfriend yet?" Brendon asked.

"Yes." I answered walking down the hallway. Because I don't live in the type of house where I get a bathroom in my room. It's down the hall.

"Why are you soaked?" Matt asked. I shrugged.

"We jumped in the water at a beach party." I replied opening the bathroom door.

"Wha-" Brendon started but I cut him off.

"No more questions thank you." I said and closed the door. I turned my music on full blast, playing Moonlight by Xxxtentacion, and put my phone on the sink.

I'm not the only one who listens to music in the shower right? Abby told me she does. I know Matt does because he showers at my place sometimes, I don't know why. And Brendon sings in the shower, of course he would.

You know what? Nevermind. Just forget I asked.

>>>

When I got out the shower I put on black sweatpants and didn't bother putting on a shirt. I walked to my room where I find Brendon and John on my bed.

I shook my head real quick to get some of the water out my hair. Kind of like a wet dog.

"Hey. Get out." I said. Both Brendon and John got up.

"Not you B." I said. He smiled and sat down. As John was walking past he stopped.

"Uh...nice tattoos." He said. I just glared at him and he attempted to smile.

"You have green eyes. Just like your mother did." He said. I clenched my fists completely forgetting my phone was it my hand.

Long story short. It broke. Shit.

"Get out!" I yelled. He finched and walked out. I closed the door.

He doesn't get the privilege of talking about my Mom. Not after what he did.

"Now I need a new fucking phone." I muttered dropping the pieces on my dresser. I looked at Brendon.

"Why are you in here anyway?" I asked. He sighed.

"I looked through your mail." He said. I raised my eyebrow.

"Why would y-" I started but he cut me off.

"What is this?" He held up a piece of paper with writing on it. I grabbed it out his hand and read it.

Ryder,
I hope you haven't forgotten about me. With that girl around you've been getting more distant from me. We used to have something. Like Tom and Jerry. I'd always try to kill you.