Chapter 11

Warning!!!
Extremely sad chapter. Sorry.

///////////////////////////////////

Abby's P.o.v
Me, Ryder, and Ben are lounging in the backyard since it's a nice day and we just got out of school.

Me and Ryder are on the hammock just swinging back and forth. I have my ear buds in just listening to music and playing games on my phone because I'm a normal teenager.

Ben is on the other side of the yard. He said something about not wanting to be involved with Ryder and his "ways" whatever that means. And Ryder is on his phone as per the usual.

"You put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go. You put your arms around me and I'm home." I sang quietly to my music.

Haha. These birds are really angry.

I looked up from my phone for a second and Ryder is smirking at me. I took my ear buds out and paused the music.

"I didn't know you sing." He said.

He heard. Abort! Abort!

I blushed. "Psh. So do you." I scoffed. He rolled his eyes.

"I was forced. What's your excuse?" He asked. We both laughed and I shrugged.

"No excuse. You must be hearing things child." I smiled.

"I'm older than you." He pointed out.

"By a couple months." I shrugged.

"Nine. I'm nine months older than you." He said.

"Flirt quieter why don'tchya!?" Ben yelled. My blush reddened and Ryder once again got quiet for the second time today.

Why does Ben have to be one of my brothers? Why couldn't I have only had one? I bet Kayden, my other brother, wouldn't do this. Well maybe he would. I don't know, I haven't seen the guy in years.

"Abby! Ben! Come help me with groceries!" Mom yelled through the back door. I gasped and jumped up making Ryder fall off the hammock. He glared at me and I laughed before we both went into the kitchen. I began to dig through bags.

"Apples, cake, beef jerky-" I listed looking for something specific. Ben cut me off and grabbed the jerky. I made a disgusted face.

"You people are so mean to nature. I wouldn't be surprised if you became cannibals because you ate all the animals and needed more meat." I said. Mom, Ben, and Ryder laughed.

"You guys know I'm right!" I exclaimed.

"You would be for most. But Ryder barely eats." Brendon said walking in through the open back door. My jaw dropped. Ryder shrugged.

"I eat sometimes." He said.

I vigorously searched through the bags before finding what I was desperately looking for in the first place. I opened the package and shoved it in Ryder's hands.

"Oreos?" Ryder asked.

Mom, Brendon, and Ben gasped.

"This must be serious." Brendon said.

"She never shares her oreos." Mom added.

"She counts them every day to make sure nobody took any." Ben said.

I just glared at Ryder.

"Eat." I ordered.

"I'm not hungry." He said. I narrowed my eyes.