Chapter 29

Abby's P.o.v (still Saturday night)
Blake has been quiet the whole ride. Matt drove this time. Me and Blake sat in the back again. Nobody said anything about what happened.

"Blake-" I started but she stopped me. "I don't want to talk about it Abby." She said not looking at me.

"But-"she stopped me again while we pulled up to her house. "No Abby." She said and got out the car. I started to follow her but she closed the door making me hit my nose.

Ouch.

"Well. I shoulda known she would close the door." I mumbled and slumped in my seat. Matt started to drive away. I looked back and noticed Blake wipe away a tear when she opened the door. I sighed then glared at Matt. I kicked his chair making him hit his head on the horn. Even Ryder flinched.

"Ow Abby!" Matt exclaimed.

"What did you do to Blake!?" I snapped. He rounded the corner and landed us on our street. Apparently Blake is just a street over. Matt stayed quiet.

"You're one of the people that encouraged me to get female friends then you go and break her heart! What the hell did you do Matthew?" I gritted. Ryder looked at me.

"Abby calm down." He said.

"No. Not until I get an explanation."

Ryder looked at Matt. "You better give her that explanation." He said.

"Look, neither of us want to talk about it so just drop it." Matt said. I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled it back against the seat basically choking him.

"If I don't get my explanation by tomorrow I swear to god I-" he cut me off.

"Okay okay. Tomorrow I promise." He choked. I let go and got out the car.

"Dude you are in some deep shit." Ryder said through the window after getting out.

"Gee, I didn't notice." Matt said sarcastically. Ryder chuckled and came over to my porch with me.

Matt attempted to wave at me. I flipped him off and opened the door. Of course Butch started barking. Normal.

"Abby. Are you okay?" Ryder asked. I marched to the kitchen with my fists clenched.

"No." I gritted grabbing a water bottle and putting it in the freezer.

Why? I have my reasons.

"I never took you as the protective type." He said. I went to my room. "Well I am." I answered.

"Abby, would you stop giving me short answers?" Ryder begged. I stopped in my doorframe and looked at him.

"Okay. How about this? If Matt gives me a bullshit excuse for making Blake cry I'm chucking a frozen water bottle at his head. How's that for a longer answer?"

"Damn." Nick said suddenly. Apparently he was in the hallway the whole time.

"I know right? Harsh." Ryder commented. I groaned and went in my room. They both followed me.

"Abby calm down." Nick said. I glared at both of them.

"If one more person tells me to calm down they're getting a shoe to the face." I threatened. They both took a step back. I grabbed black yoga shorts and a white long sleeve Hollister shirt.

"Where are you going?" Ryder asked. "For a jog." I answered. He grabbed my wrist.

"I'm going to say this and you're not gonna chuck a shoe at me." He started. My jaw ticked. "What?" I asked.