Chapter 17

(Fast-forwarded to tryouts)

Abby's P.o.v
Me and Ryder just arrived to the soccer competition try outs.

I have my uniform on. A blue and white soccer shirt, white soccer shorts, and of course my white soccer shoes.

Ryder grabbed my soccer bag out the back of the Brendon's car that Ryder drove because he didn't want to ride the motorcycle. I grabbed his arm as he was about to get out.

"You don't have to carry that for me." I said. He smirked.

"I know Shortcake." He said and got out. I rolled my eyes with a smile and got out too. We walked out onto the field hand and hand.

As people saw Ryder they moved out the way, afraid of what he'd do if they didn't. I just giggled.

"This is building your ego isn't it?" I asked him. He looked at me.

"Maybe a little bit." He said. We both just laughed and settled on the bleachers.

"How come you like when people are scared of you?" I asked. He shrugged.

"It keeps them out of my way. They don't annoy me, I don't go to jail for drowning someone in a barrel of gasoline." He said simply.

Yeah because it's so normal to say that to someone that will think you've done it before. Note my sarcasm.

"Have yo-" I started.

"Done it before? Almost." He said. My jaw dropped.

"Ryder!" I exclaimed slapping his arm. He laughed.

"What? The police caught me before I could." He said. I slapped his arm even harder making him laugh more.

"Okay okay. I'll shut up." He said. I smiled.

"Thank you. That's all I ask." I said laying my head on his shoulder.

"Jeremy Renner over Johnny Depp? Are you seriously blind?"

"Sorry if I'm not into old people."

"Not Johnny Depp himself but Captain Jack Sparrow. The sexy, swaggy, swashbuckler."

"Please don't say that again."

Yes. I was listening to two girls conversation. It was interesting.

I stood up and went to the bottom of the bleachers where they are. One girl has ginger (or light red) hair and green eyes. The other has blonde hair and blue eyes.

I sat behind them and they looked at me with smirks.

"Hey you. Jeremy Renner or Johnny Depp?" The blonde one asked.

"Depp. Jeremy Renner looks like a bug." I said easily. The ginger one laughed in the blondes face before they looked at me again.

"I'm Blake. Yes, I realize it is a boys name but blame my parents." The ginger said. I snickered.

"Don't worry. I like the name Blake. For boys and girls." I said. She stood up and hugged me.

"I like you already." She said. I laughed.

"I'm Sydney. My friends, and Blake, call me Syd." The blonde said.

"Awesome. I'm Abby. Short for Abigail. Long for Ab." I said. We all laughed.

"I swear you are my new friend. Forget you Syd." Blake said. I laughed again.

The main coach blew her whistle signaling everyone to come down to the field. All three of us went down to the field.