Chapter 31

Ben's P.o.v
I think my thoughts before about Ryder were based off his looks. I saw the tattoos and instantly thought...

Damm, this dude must be bad news...

But I was wrong. I hate to admit it but he's good for Abby. From what I've seen tonight, it's 11pm, he cares about and loves Abby a lot. And I know for a fact that the feelings are mutual between them.

Right now Syd is sitting in my lap, because she's my girlfriend...yay, and Ryder is sitting sort of distanced from everyone. He keeps running his fingers through his hair and his leg won't stop shaking.

"Blake. Out of all Abby's female friends I think he likes you most. Go talk to him." Mom whispered. Blake nodded and sat next to Ryder. They started talking.

"Ben." Nick called. Me and Syd looked at him. "Can you tell us what happened?" Mom asked. I nodded.

"I'm gonna help Blake." Syd said pecking me on the lips and walking over. I looked back at Nick and Mom.

"Jared, he kidnapped Syd, Blake, and Abby. I'm pretty sure Ryder lost his mind at the moment because he stood on the hood of a moving car. He saved Blake and Syd that time but he couldn't get Abby. Jared led us to this old factory. Ryder used some math stuff a-" Nick cut me off.

"That's awesome and all but we just want to know what happened to Abby." He said.

"Oh. Okay."

Ryder's P.o.v
"Ryder stop worrying. She'll be okay." Syd said. I glared at her.

"You do know that there is only one spot where you can get shot in the abdomen and not die because of a small space that's not occupied by an internal organ right?" I asked.

They stayed quiet.

"Well don't you make me feel stupid." Syd muttered. Blake put her hand on my arm.

"Think about it this way, she jumped in the way to save your sister." She said. I looked at her with a straight face.

"How does that make things any better?" I asked. But my eyes traveled to Lilly who is sitting in a chair, her feet swinging back and forth, and eating a bag of chips Mindy bought her.

"Lilly. Can you come here?" Syd called. Lilly smiled and jumped off the chair before walking over. I gave a weak smile and sat her on my lap. I placed my chin on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Miss Mindy got me Cheetos." She said. I chuckled.

"I swear, you were hot before but now-" Blake started. Syd cut her off.

"You're freaking perfect!" She exclaimed. Matt and Ben looked over and I rolled my eyes.

"Ryder!"

How the hell does Pacifica always know where I am?! Wait, I forgot she sends her Barbie doll wanna be posse to spy on both me and Matt.

Blake put Lilly in her lap and Syd walked over to Ben. Pacifica ran over to me in her pink mini skirt and white, barely even a shirt, button up crop top. She flicked her blonde hair behind her and stood in front of me. I crossed my arms and glared at her.

"You really need to stop spying on me." I said. She ignored me and caressed my face in to which I gagged.

"Aww honey. Have you been crying?" She asked referring to my blood shot eyes.