Chapter 23

Abby's P.o.v
Today is Saturday. The day I was suppose to be getting 5 Seconds Of Summer tickets with Ryder but guess what I'm actually doing.

Laying in a pool of tissues neck high.

Blake and Syd spent the night not wanting me to be alone. They've been comforting me and everything. I stopped crying as soon as we got home. I didn't complain, talk, anything. From Ben's words I seem like a "heartbroken zombie" to which Syd slapped him for because I basically am a heartbroken zombie.

"Morning Abby." Syd said sitting on the bed next to me and pushing the tissues off the bed. I didn't say anything.

"Are you gonna talk to us today?" Blake asked sitting on the other side. I stayed quiet. They sighed.

Ben, Mom, and Nick walked in.

"Is she talkin yet?" Nick asked. Syd and Blake shook their heads. Syd moved out the way so Mom could sit next to me.

"I know what it's like to lose your first love. Especially like that. But you're a strong girl and you'll get through it easily. I know it hurts but you have to push through like a champ. It's like a period..." she started.

Everyone screamed including me making her laugh.

"Scream all you want. It's true. It'll hurt for a couple days but then the pain will be gone. You just have to push through it." She said. Nick put his hand on her shoulder.

"Uh, that made everything very awkward." He said. Everyone nodded.

Ben stepped up a bit with a small smile. "Can I talk to Abby alone for a minute?" He asked. Mom smiled.

She's probably having that, awww they're getting along, moment in her head.

"Yeah. I'll go make breakfast." She said. Her, Nick, Syd, and Blake all walked out. Ben sat next to me. I sighed.

"Go ahead and say it." I said putting my head down. "Say what?" He asked.

"I told you so. I know you want to say it. You were right about Ryder. You were right and I was wrong. I should've listened to you." I said. He was quiet for a moment.

Probably celebrating in his head.

"No." He said.

Wait. Did I hear correct? Did he just refuse to say his favorite sentence in the world? It can't be Ben that I'm talking to. Annoying and obnoxious older brother Ben. Benjamin O'Neill Junior. Named after not our father but our grandfather.

"Excuse me what?" I asked looking at him. He shook his head.

"No. As much as I agree with you I won't say it because you know what? We were both wrong."

I don't understand.

"How?" I asked.

"I wasn't completely right. Sure he broke your heart, I was right about that. But, he also made you really happy. The happiest I've ever seen you. As much as I hate the guy and I loathe him with a passion, you guys were good together." He said. I shrugged.

"And Mom was right too." He said. I raised my eyebrow.

"About periods?" I asked. He grimmaced.

"Ew no."

"About you being strong. It'll hurt now but later on you'll get better. And who knows, maybe there is someone out there better for you." He said. I smiled and hugged him.