Chapter 19

Abby's P.o.v
When I woke up on Monday and realized I actually have school today I slid out of bed groggily and went to my closet. I grabbed my outfit and went to the bathroom to take a shower. On the door I found a sticky note with Mom's handwriting on it.

Abby + Ben,
I'm out with Nick today but I made breakfast. Ben has bacon and eggs. Abby has her favorite waffles. I'll see you guys later.
Xoxo. Mom

I smiled.

She's with Nicky. He makes her happy and I like when my Mom is happy. It's been hard on her since my Dad left.

She used to work 2 jobs and she had a low-pay job at a diner on weekend (I guess you could say 3 jobs) but that would only pay for food and just enough for mortgage and bills. Now that she works at the hospital she gets better pay but she still struggles. She stayed in the house when she didn't have work. She was basically the neighborhood's antisocial.

But now that Nick is here she's going out more and she's smiling more. It's awesome that she found someone that makes her feel that way. And if I were to get a new Dad (being I never knew mine) then I want it to be Nick.

When I got out the shower I put on black ripped skinny jeans and a white crop top with a black frocket (front pocket). I combed out my wavy hair. I also did my usual make up. After brushing my teeth I went back into my room and put on black high top converses.

"Hey babe." I heard Ryder say. I turned towards my window to see he is sitting on it. I smiled at him. He sat on the couch part (because it's a bay window) and I sat sideways in his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck with a smile as he held me up by my waist.

"I really don't want to go to school." I said. He chuckled.

"Why?" He asked. I shrugged but then something hit me and my smile faded. He looked at me worridly.

"What will Pacifica do to me when she finds out we're together?" I asked. He moved some hair out my face.

"I won't let her do anything to you. I promise." He said. I nodded. He leaned in and connected his lips to mine. We moved in sync together. I wrapped my arms tighter around him as he pulled me closer.

Soon, we broke apart for air and just leaned our foreheads together. My fingers tangled in his soft, brown hair.

"We should go so we aren't late." I said. He nodded. I got out of his lap. I grabbed my phone, bookbag, and ear buds for listening to music in the classes where I don't see Matt or Ryder.

"Let's go." I said.

>>>

We walked up to the school holding hands, gaining almost everyone's attention. I shrunk down closer to Ryder making him chuckle. He leaned down to my ear.

"Don't worry about them." He said. I looked up into his green eyes and he was pure. If anything his eyes became a brighter green if that's even possible.

He walked me to my locker where I put my things I don't need. Ryder was leaning on the locker next to mine texting when someone came up behind me and smacked my butt.

"Hay mami! Ju lookin fine."

Oh god.

I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Adrian." I said closing my locker making my boyfriend visible. He wrapped his arm around me.

"What'd he do?" Ryder asked. Adrian looks just about ready to pee his pants.