XXIX - The Vampist's Kiss

October 11, in the year of 8845, Reminis Calendar (RC) 

Hundreds and hundreds of Vampists surrounded the group. They clasped their hands on the adventurers' shoulders. Some nodded to Roxy; some gave her a thumb-up sign. 

A clapping sound rung from the edge of darkness and a shadow appeared from it. "Welcome home, Roxy, my most loved mutated servant." Vadiraj waved his hands and amber fire adorned the black walls. The lights made the Underworld looked more horrid, as Elli was now standing face to face with those Crack-Faced Vampists and the demonic creatures she came across in her dream.

"Roxy, you betrayed us," said Marko. "You swore we are a team."

"Yeah, thanks for trusting me," came the short answer. Roxy smirked and walked towards Vadiraj; but Elli could see guilt lingering in her eyes.

On the other side of the cavern, the Vampist called Cindy was being bound to a throne. She spat the rag out of her mouth and said, "Vadiraj, you idiot. Stop this war, you're going nowhere."

Vadiraj frowned and stuffed the rag back into Cindy's mouth. "Shh... Don't force me to slap you. I don't want my beloved fiancee to witness this."

Elli tore free from the hunchback Dominic. "Bastard, you jerk, you maggot!"

Vadiraj spun across the cavern and stood next to Elli. "You must be too excited to see me again, Elli. I don't think such foul words should come out of a Lucifer's mouth." His fingers clasped at Elli's jaw and sparks of electricity spiralled around his hand. He cursed but didn't let her go. Resisting the pain, he said, "Now that all of you have come, let the party begin."

Vadiraj raised his staff to the air, and the other Vampists, taking the sign, pierced their staffs at the arms of their hostages. But the latter parried the staffs away with their weapons. Roxy stood aside and watched them fight, biting her lips; while Vadiraj sat on his throne, watching the heart-tearing drama. Netto the three-eyed hellhound growled as it saw its kin hopping around the floor. It wanted to join the fight but Vadiraj kept holding it back, whispering soothing words in its ears.

Elli tried to tear free from Vadiraj's embrace but to no avail. Roxy had even disarmed her. She could only stare wide-eyed at the gory scene before her. The ground trembled all of a sudden and two huge shadows loomed over them. Benedict's wife and son ran towards him. Only, the embrace wasn't due to missing him, but to want to suck his blood. Benedict stood paralysed at how his family looked: cracked skin and dark lips. It was Rooney who climbed up the body of Benedict's son and slaughtered him.

"They are no longer your family, Ben!" 

Benedict woke up from the pygmy's rebuke and pierced his scimitar into his wife's heart. Tears streamed down his eyes as he saw his family disbanded into ashes. Marko and Lukas were working as a team. Marko sliced the Vampists' chainmail apart while Lukas pierced his axe into their hearts. The Jackals were surrounded by a bigger horde of Vampists. The male Jackals stomped their rakes and tendrils sprouted up, binding the bodies of the Vampists. With a hi-ya cry, Freda sprang to the air, threw her blades out, and they stabbed through the Vampists' weakest point.

The hunchback Vampists sneaked up from behind Maxim, a black scythe in his hand. A lightning zapped out of the blade but Maxim didn’t aware of it. It was Halford who had saved him. He called out and Maxim was able to dodge, when the lightning blast a boulder apart. When Maxim had gathered his consciousness, Dominic had disappeared. Elli realised a large group of Vampists and the demonic creatures had vanished, too.

Vadiraj didn't notice the difference. He stepped down from his throne and clasped his fingers tighter  around Elli’s neck. Pulling her nearer, he said, “I don’t want to kill you. When all of your friends are dead, we can proceed with our marriage.”