XXX - A New Journey - Part I

Elli

October 16, in the year of 8845, Reminis Calendar (RC)

Elli’s soul drifted. She didn’t know where it was going. She stretched out her hand and jumped to the air, trying to grab it, trying to restore it into her body, but she couldn’t reach it. She tried to stand up, only to find herself collapsing again on… a floor of white clouds. Where am I? She patted the clouds carefully; they were hollow and her fingers became wet instantly, making contact with the air molecules. She looked around. The entire surroundings were of sheer whiteness. Is this Haven? I’ve done nothing noble that allows me to end up in Haven. Wait, I killed the Vampists.

She smiled. For the first time in her life, she felt she had done greatness. She stood up again. Her feet sank into the hollow clouds. She steadied her pace and tried to walk, each step a time. Slowly, she got used to it. Squinting her eyes, she cast her vision forward. A grey cliff lay a yard of clouds away and she ran towards it. When she arrived at the edge, she expected to see some flying gods. Nothing. There was only a willow tree that grew forlornly at the edge. A zephyr blew past and the leaves caressed her cheeks. The wind brought along the scent of red wine, and the sound of new footsteps.

Elli’s heart throbbed and she spun around, only to find herself facing to the man she hated the most; or perhaps the man she used to hate. She wasn't clear of it now. “You! I thought you were dead.”

Vadiraj stood ten feet away from her. He held his hands mid-way in the air, a sign of surrendering.

Elli frowned. He looked different. She took a step forward, then another, until she was only two feet away from him. The clouds dissipated and she could see him clearly now. He had cut his hair short. The middle stubs of his black hair were jelled up nicely, like the one she transformed him in her dream the previous night. His face was smooth, no longer cracked up like dry land. Instead of bone-knitted cloak, he wore a simple grey cloak; but he still kept his goatee.

“You saved me, remember? You saved me when Netto…”

Netto… Elli began to recollect the missing pieces in her mind. She closed her eyes and when she opened it again, she saw a gleaming emerald stone on Vadiraj’s neck. Her parents were right. Everyone is born with a kind heart. The death of Vadiraj’s most-loved pet made Vadiraj transform into someone new.

Reading Elli's mind, Vadiraj said, “I’ve changed. I am no longer the man I am. I no longer crave for blood and love. I won’t force you to marry me, if you don’t like me. I was wrong, terribly wrong, and I’m here to repent.” His amber eyes bored deep into Elli’s heart, with sincere tears dancing in the lobes.

“How could being here help you to repent? Where're the others? Where's this place?”

Vadiraj brought something out of his robes and passed them to Elli. One was her father's broken sword and the other was her jukebox. 

“Dorris!” Elli’s brown eyes sparkled.