VIII - The Hot Sandstorm - Part II

Vadiraj

October 3, in the year of 8845, Reminis Calendar (RC)         

Vadiraj stood on the pitch overlooking the remnants of rocks, the remnants of Mount Tampas. The pitch was the site where his armies camped at. He built it there as a reminder that he would never fail again. The scene when he and his goons were imprisoned under Mount Tampas  crossed his mind. To survive, they had to suck each other's blood. It was a total humiliation. The commotion when someone tripped over a stone brought him out of his living nightmare.

The scarlet-haired Kaizord tidied the piles of paper on the stony path, before handling it over to Vadiraj. "My-- My Lord, this is the report of the armies you've created," his voice shaky, afraid of the coming scolding. To his surprise, Vadiraj praised him for a job well done.

A wolfish grin stretched across Vadiraj's face as he scanned through the figures. 

The Hexalogiants which his hellhounds had brought from Rock-Fella Mansion would help him create a new species of monsters. Now he had three hundred and one Vampists including the female Vampist whom he created yesterday, forty eight monsters, and fifteen hellhounds. He was gaining strength. Even the Grim Reapers were scared of his power and didn't impede his progress. He could do anything he liked in this two-thousand-acre of land.

Afar, Vadiraj saw his favourite pet playing with its mates. He commanded Kaizord to leave, before bringing his thumb and his index fingers to his lips. Netto's ears perked up upon hearing Vadiraj's whistle. Its tail wagged in the air; its third green eye shone brighter. After giving a sonorous bark, it dashed towards its owner. The ground shook as it ran. On the far east of the pitch, an avalanche of rocks fell down and crashed onto a dozen of Skeletonoids which were studying some blue prints. Vadiraj didn't care. He had too many Skeletonoids after all. They were the lowest ranked servants and the easiest to create. 

Squatting and scuffling Netto's ears, he whispered, "Netto, I'm going to see my bride, Elli."

The hellhound barked energetically upon hearing Elli's name. Netto liked Elli a lot too. During her captivity, Elli, though scared, was compassionate towards it. There were times she wanted to pat Netto but was afraid that it might bite her. Vadiraj wanted to tell her that Netto was tame, but he couldn't do it in front of his goons. If his followers saw him showing favourism towards his hostage, there would be a riot. They might even lose faith in him.

"Wish me luck," Vadiraj said before standing up. 

Netto gave its owner a wet lick on his cheek, before disappearing into the pitch, banging away two bear-man monsters that were carrying a fiery cauldron.

Vadiraj returned to his bedroom. He took his bath quickly and dressed up properly. He wore the chain-mail underneath his grey jumper, before putting on a black coat with hood. He didn't wear his bone-woven cloak; that would be too catchy for the eyes. He just wanted to watch Elli silently from a corner. He then walked towards the basin. Elli's face reflected from the mirror. He was glad that the scar he left on her cheek had resulted in her constantly remembering him.

The mirror, apart from reflecting his inner desire, also reminded him that he needed to shave. However, he still kept his goatee. His face was no longer cracked up, thanks to the strawberry-blonde he fed on in the afternoon. She was a virgin, whose blood quality equaled to an infant. 

After freshening up, Vadiraj suddenly thought that a coat with hood wasn't enough. He wrapped a grey scarf around his neck, wear his black leather gloves, and put on a black bowler hat. He then whispered a spell and his skull-knobbed staff changed to a normal walking stick.