3

I run in to see Jen unconscious on the hospital bed with several tubes leading to various machines. I gasp and tears make their way down my face. Jayden's grip on my hand tightens. I let go of his hand and run over to Jen's bed. Tears fall onto her body as she lays unaware of everything.
"What happened?" I hear Jayden ask Jen's sister, Molly.
"She fell down the stairs, I ran over to her but it was too late, she must've hit her head really hard," Molly explains. Jayden kneels down next to me and pulls me into a hug. I feel guilty as my tears make the t-shirt damp of someone I don't even know very well.
"Thanks," I manage to choke between the tears.
"Visiting hours are over," the nurse announces, setting her clipboard on the table.
"Come on," Jayden helps me up and takes me back to his car.
"Do you think she'll make it?" I ask Jayden as I sit in the passengers seat.
"Yes, she will," Jay smiles, starting the car.
"Thanks," I smile.

"Let's go to Costa," Jayden suggests holding my hand as we get out if the car. I smile widely as he squeezes my hand every so often.
"Jay," I say.
"Yeah M."
"Nothing," I say shying out of what I was going to say.
"Okay," he smiles.
"Ladies first," he opens the door for me as we reach Costa.
"Aw thanks," I laugh and go in first, blushing slightly.
"What do you guys want?" The lady at the desk asks with a friendly smile.
"Um, A caramel frappe please," Jayden orders then turns to me.
"The same for me," I answer, finding a table and sitting down. Jay comes back a few minutes and places the two cups on the table. I reach out to get mine and I instantly pull my hand away at the heat of the drink. Jayden notices and giggles lightly.