your rose tinted glasses

i actually really like this! it's 'princess who's doing bad thinks she's doing good with a little alice in wonderland + all of halsey's songs' titles'

to my strange love-

those rose tinted glasses don't look too good on you. they make you look haunting, princess.

they clash with your butterscotch hair and they make your bubblegum (not the bubblegum you can pop, but the bubblegum flavoured candy that's always brilliant, neon blue, that colour) eyes look purple and after all, those colours clash.

you enjoy torturing people. you have a roman holiday every time someone screams. of course, behind your rose tinted glasses that screams sounds like singing and it all looks as a bit of fun.

the new americana cower under your rule, after all, you are ruthless through your rose tinted glasses. and you have control over them, although behind those glasses, you see yourself as simply, shall we say, influential.

and you have plenty of your own ghosts, princess, even if behind those glasses they are simply a little trouble.

your kingdom is doused in gasoline and you hold the match, even if your castle is wood and your skin is paper, behind those glasses, you and your loyal subjects are young gods and your castle is stone.

but please, princess, you're causing a hurricane, and you'll have to hold me down if you don't stop, even if you're just playing behind those glasses.

is there somewhere you could just drive, leave your kingdom alone, leave them coming down from the high (it's not a good high, princess, it's one that ends in sobs and puking and headaches) of your recent attack.

why, princess, do you think i love you? because you're dangerous and you could kill me and you're destroying everyone and everything around you but i love you because i walk the line between sanity and wonderland. although, maybe i love you because you're gold, even if it's empty gold.

i love you, princess.