Chapter II

Hello cupcakes!

Here is Chapter II. Hope you'll like it.

Start

Just one last look to where I spent my whole life. Some businessman is taking this house as collateral for the debt of our bankrupted company. It's hard to think I am now left with nothing but memories. I promised my mom that I will be brave. And I know I can get through this. They're here with me.

Tobby meowed rubbing his body against my leg.

Oh I still have Tobby, my cat.

"Come here my little muffin." I hugged him gently as he purred. "Guess what Tobby, we are going to live in a new house at the country side starting today. I will really miss this house."

Tobby meowed again.

"I know right? But mom wants us to stay there. We're going to be alright Tobby," I put him to his pink carrier and took another look around the living room. I only took with me our family portrait, the only thing that I will keep from this house. Also my personal stuffs of course.

"Let's go Tobby," I walked out of the house and saw Mr. Yu waiting outside with his black Lamborghini. I smiled at him and he smiled back. He then walked towards me and helped me with my luggage. He is really warm hearted. I really think he is not just my mother's friend. An ex-boyfriend maybe?

I immediately shook my head to erase that thought.

"You alright Luna?"

"Oh? Yeah. I'm alright Mr. Yu," I grinned. "Uhm Mr. Yu, how old are you?" Wow where did that question come from? I am really hesitant to ask him this but it just came out of my mouth.

"I'm 46 Luna, that's still young," he laughs. He's just a year older than my dad and a couple of years older than my mom. Something is odd though, he looks like that he's too young to be 46. "Are you ready?"

"Yes. Let's go Mr. Yu before I could change my mind," I flashed a smile.

"Alright," he opened the front seat door so I could settle myself in. He then turn around the car to the driver's seat, settled himself and started the engine. Tobby meowed; it's his first time to travel.

Buckle your seatbelt Luna.

My mom used to remind me this. And now I will have to remind myself. I started to have a fear of sitting front seat since my dad died two years ago.

My dad died because of a tragic car accident with his secretary as his driver. But his secretary survived because he has buckled his seatbelt and my dad did not. Mr. Yuan, his secretary only realized that on the moment of impact. He said to me and my mom that while they were driving to the country side for a private meeting that might save our company from bankruptcy, a huge dog blocked the road. It was a blind curve making it hard for him to see what's ahead. He avoided the huge dog. He can't turn left because there is a cliff so he immediately turned the stirring wheel to the right slightly losing the brake thus hitting a tree really hard.

He also added that the car wasn't really in a good condition, and that he should bring it first to an automotive shop. But my dad insisted, he said that they can't miss this very important meeting because our company's future is at stake. Mr. Yuan paused from narrating what happened that day because he can't keep his tears from falling any longer. And my mom cried even more. She said that he should have just hit the dog. I hugged my mom that instant.