Riddles

Wally's POV
I was in the cave doing my maths homework, Kaldur was reading, the lord of the rings. M'gann was cooking as Connor watched her, Artemis and Dick were who knows where.

But all of a sudden Dick and Artemis came through the zeta tubes. Dick was pratically jumping while Artemis looked like she was stumped on something.

"Come on Arty, I'm tall when I'm young and short when I'm old what am I?" Dick jumping up and down waiting for answer.

"Let me think, Rob let me think." Arty snapped at him.

"A candle, the answer is a candle." Kaldur said not looking up from his book.

"Yeah it is a candle." Dick bounced. "Answer this one. Take away my first letter, and I still sound the same. Take away my last letter, I still sound the same. Even take away my letter in the middle, I will still sound the same. I am a five letter word. What am I?"

Kaldur shuts his book and puts it to the side. As Dick sits on my lap and Arty sits next to Kaldur.

"Okay so... Um... I think the answer is empty, my friend."

"Yeah your right, ok lets try this on, if I have it, I don't share it. If I share it, I don't have it. What is it?" Kaldur took his time on this one, he thought but then,

"A secret, so Robin answer me this one, this thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats mountain down."

"Thats easy it's time, the riddle is from the hobbit, you read that two weeks ago."

"Try this one, I am a ship to lands of treasure, I am a key to wisdom's pleasure. I will always lead you on an upward treak. I have so much to tell you but cannot speak. If you can guess who might I be... I will tell you all about the mysterious sea! Who am I?"

We all sat thinking it took about thirty seconds until Dick had answer.

"A book. Under pressure is the only way I work, and by myself is the only way I'm hurt. What am I?" Dick sits waiting for his answer. I quickly give him a kiss on his check.

"A diamond, I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?" Kaldur answered. It took Dick about twenty five seconds to get it.

"Pencil lead, had a bright start,
but I couldn't take the pressure. I consume everything, yet I don't eat anything.What am I?" That ones easy I got that one.

"I have the answer to that one." They look at me like I said something in a different language.

"Well tell us, baywatch." Artemis said. Dick turned to look at in the eyes.

"A black hole." Dick smiled.

"Yeah, well done, babe." He then pressed his lips againest mine, I kissed back. When we broke apart, I said;

"Well I'm not stupid."

A/N I found all of these riddles on the internet, so yeah I hope enjoy this chapter.