Chapter 2

( This is true . )

      * A few hours later *

  I'm in the kitchen helping reji make dinner , I volunteered to help him .
Tonight is Red quinoa for dinner , and reji was quite happy that I volunteered to help him . I don't mind helping , I use to help cook with my mom a lot . " So reji how have things been going for you guys for the past five years? " I asked . " Not too bad , of course we were all upset when you had to leave . Zack was the most upset , but otherwise things have been going well . I'm just trying to get ryan to calm down at school , he's quite the hot - headed madman these days . " he said . " Everybody's changed since we were little , they're all got new personalities . It seems like they don't remember who they used to be . " I said .

" Yes we've all changed our personalities quite a bit after your leave , even zack has . " he said . What does he mean by that? And what does he mean by everyone else?
" What do you mean by that? " I asked . He sighed . " Well with ryan he was always happy when you were around , but once you left he's been really mad a lot . Sean had started listening to the same song over and over for the couple of years , zeke would take the stuffed bunny everywhere and would cry if someone mentioned your name , rui started wearing a hat and wouldn't take it off unless he was getting a bath , and zack was the worst of all . " he said .

Wow , I didn't know my leave would have such a big effect on them all . But what about zack? " What about zack? " I asked . " Zack was a different case it had seemed at the time , he had started to act a bit strange . And he always held in his feelings , he wouldn't tell you how he felt about anything . Everytime someone mentioned your name , he would say who's that? We don't know a kristin . It worried our parents , and it worried me quite a bit . We were all concerned for his well being ." he said .
Wow , zack does sound like the most worst of all . " Zack did really care for you , whenever he was with us before you left he would tell all of us how he'd marry you and make you part of our family . And how he'd make us all uncles , that one caught me off guard . " he said . I blushed a deep scarlet . Zack must of went all out , I'm kinds suprised . But uncles?! He was thinking of having kids with me?! What the hell . " What the hell . " I laughed . Reji laughed too , I guess it was funny . 😂

" Uncles? He was really thinking of having kids with me? He must of gone all out . " I laughed . We stopped laughing , and got back to talking as we cooked . " Yes it seems that way , he had planned everything out . He said that the day after valentine's day he'd ask you to be his girlfriend , but he got nervous and didn't ask . " he said . Wow , reji must of known a lot on his brothers . " You know kristin , now that I look at you . You look exactly like your mom . " he said .

I froze for a minute , and my left hand wandered to the locket around my neck . " Kristin is everything okay? " he asked . I felt tears starting to form , but I immediately wiped them away .
" Yeah I'm fine , it's just my mom died when I was thirteen . " I said . Reji looked taken back , he came over to me and put his right hand on my shoulder . " I'm sorry that I mentioned her kristin , I didn't know . " he said .
" It's fine , even though it was only four years ago it still gets me . But it's fine , you didn't know so it's okay . " I said .

I smiled again , and reji looked reliefed . " Well I'll have to tell the others not to mention it , cause I don't want to see you cry . And I don't think zack wants to see you cry either . " he said . " Yeah , it's probably best that you do that . " I said . So me and reji continued to make dinner , and once it was done we got the table set .
  " Kristin do you mind going to get everyone? I've got to get a few more things set up . " reji said . " Sure , not a problem . " I said cheerfully .

So I walked from the kitchen through the livingroom and walked upstairs . I saw signs on every door , except for the hall bathroom . I go to the first door , and knock on the door .
" Come in . " zeke said . I opened the door , and I peeked my head in . I saw zeke playing with his stuffed bunny .
" Hi kristin . " he said happily .
" Hi zeke , reji told me to come get everyone for dinner . " I said .
" Okay . " he said . So he got up and left the room for downstairs . Okay , now only four more left .