Chapter 4

( A William Shakespeare quote . )

  * In kristin's room *

   After reji left , it was just me and ryan . Ryan looked at me , and he wiped away my tears with his fingers . When his hand reached my cheek , I put my hand on his to keep it there .
I love these hands , they've shown me nothing but kindness . I closed my eyes as I kept his hand on my cheek , and I enjoyed the feeling . I mean I love ryan , but I love him as a brother . The only one I don't love as a brother is zack , ryan has only been taking care of me since zack is taking down his job as my protector .

" Kristin there's something I need to tell you , it's about this morning . " he said . I opened my eyes , and I saw him . His eyes looked serious but nervous . " We talked about this morning , and I was the only one who volunteered . " he said . What's he taking about? " I'm your protector , until you and zack figure things out . " he said . Ryan . He's my... protector?
He... volunteered? How? Why? Now?
Well , at least I have someone looking out for me .

I hugged him , and he hugged me back . He rubbed my back and I calmed down . " I promise you won't be hurt again , I'll make sure of that . " he said .  I buried my face in his chest , and he sighed . He smiled , I just know he's smiling . My stomach growled , and ryan caught that . " You hungry? " he asked . " Yeah , I didn't really eat my lunch at school . " I said . I pulled back , and he looked at me . " Alright I'll go make you something to eat , just stay here and don't move . I'll be back . " he said . He kissed me on the forehead , and then he left .

So I stayed on my bed , and I smiled to myself . I was just about to lay down when suddenly , rui teleported into my room and on my bed .
" Hi there kristin . " he said . " Hey rui , what are you up to? " I asked . " Well I was watching zack pace back in fourth in his room , but then I got bored and came to see how your feeling . " he said .

  Zack is pacing back in fourth? He does that? That's new . " Well I'm fine , my cheek and stomach hurts but I'm fine .  " I said . " If you say so , did you hear the news yet? " he asked . What news? Oh , I think I know . " Ryan is my new protector until me and zack fix things , he told me after reji looked at my wounds . " I said . Rui pouted after I said that , I guess he wanted to tell me . " I wanted to tell you , damn that ryan . " he said . I rolled my eyes , then I pushed him off my bed .

He fell to the floor with a small thud , and I laughed . He got up , and he smirked . " Nice foreplay , but if I were to get someone off my bed I'd pull the blankets up and then get them off . " he said . " If you try it then ryan will kill you . " I said . He laughed but didn't do it . " Well I'm gonna go , I'm gonna go see how my little brother is doing . You know where to find me if you ever wanna talk . " he said with a mischievous grin before teleported out of here .

He's basically saying that zack had locked himself up in his room , has he gone mad? I don't know , but I know one thing . He's locked himself in his room , and i'm the one to blame . I'm to blame for this , I've been causing him so much pain and now he's suffering cause of me . Why? Why do I have to make him suffer? Just why?
I felt tears welling up in my eyes , and then they spilled my running down to my cheeks .

" Why do I have to make him suffer? Of all people , it has to be me to make him suffer in pain . " I said to myself . Suddenly the door opened , and I saw zeke with his rabbit and a piece of cake on a plate . He comes in and closes the door , when he sees me crying he rushes over to my bed and sets the stuff down on the bed .
" Kristin what happened? Are you okay? Why are you crying? " he asked . I wiped my tears , and I smiled the best I could .