Coffee And A Swim

(Your POV)

"Beep-" my alarm clock started annoyingly beeping.

"Not today!" I silently screamed, slamming my alarm clock, making it return to its normal status.

"Wait, oh shit! I actually have to get up reasonably early today!" I complained. If you didn't know, I am mostly a lazy geeky girl. The only sport I have ever done was (Y/F/S) for 2-3 years. Mady played as well, she had fun, but it was rough at times. I decided to get into my favorite clothes of all time again. My lucky flannel and my baggy track pants.

"Good enough." I smirked, walking out onto the streets under the warm morning sun.

Why is it so busy today?

I asked myself as I looked out onto the busy streets of L.A.

Oh well, it's probably like this all the time, I mean I'm not usually outside anyway.

Apparently I was too lost in my thoughts and ran into a pole.

"You dumb pole!" I raged, annoyed.

"But you ran into it!" someone chuckled slightly behind me.

"Yeah, but it knew I was lost in my thoughts and it didn't move!" I joked, instantly knowing who it was.

"Oh no! That naughty pole." Mark said catching up to me.

"So, I'm not late?" I questioned him, as I rubbed my head where the pole had hit, Mark checked his watch.

"Nine fifty-nine!" he answered my question.

"Phew." I laughed, pretending to wipe sweat off of my forehead.

"Ladies first." Mark gestured to the door, opening it.

"Okay then!" I said pushing Mark inside Starbucks.

"Really?" he asked putting on the 'did-you-really-just-do-that?' face.

"Oh I really just did." I smirked, sitting down at a table and two chairs, Mark sitting across from me. The waiter came around and we ordered our stuff. I ordered an iced coffee and a butter croissant. Whilst on the other hand, Mark had a chocolate croissant and a water. After Mark and I had finished eating, we realised neither of us had touched our drinks.

"To the park?" Mark asked me, picking up his water.

"Why not?" I replied, walking out with my iced coffee, after paying. We soon got to the park after about five minutes of walking. We both sat down at a tree, by a pond. Mark said he had to go do something so he got up and left. Waiting for Mark to come back, I sat quietly and hummed a tune to myself.

"Boo!" Mark said unexpectedly, making me jump and spill the rest of my iced coffee on him.

"You scared the living shit out of me! Oh, and sorry about spilling that on you!" I laughed at him.

"Come by the pond and use that water to try and clean some of that off." I said quickly, dragging him to the pond. To be honest it was a pretty deep pond. I was just watching Mark clean the coffee off until I had an idea. Walking behind him, I pushed him into water.

"Whoops!" I laughed at him as his head popped out of the water.

"Sorry!" I apologised, sarcastically, once again to Mark, laughing at him.

"I knew you would do something! The water's pretty nice in here anyway." He said, his hair falling in front of his eyes.

"Come on in the water's fine!" he joked, swimming around. Instead of listening to him, I tried to help him up and out of the water by leaning my hand out to him, but instead, I got dragged in by Mark. 

"Hey!" I said lightly pushing his shoulder as I resurfaced. Then it started to rain.

"What do ya know? We're in a pond, in the cold, in my favourite outfit, and it's raining." I complained.

"And I can't swim well!" I added, laughing.

"And we'll probably catch pneumonia." I said again, knowing it was going to get annoying pretty quickly.

"Do you ever stop complaining?" Mark laughed.

"Never!" I said taking this as a challenge.

"Then I'm going to have to go home, and change, and then I'm gonna have t-" I rambled on, but stopped as Mark's hands cupped my face.

"Are you still going to complain?" He asked, staring at me.

"Of course!" I giggled at him, blushing slightly.

"Where was I? Oh yeah, it'll be cold when I get hom-" I continued on, but was interrupted. 

"Oh, shut up!" Mark laughed, putting his lips on mine, catching me off guard. We stayed in the pond, just kissing each other until the rain got too heavy, and we ran out of breath.

"If that happens every time I complain, I will be complaining 24/7!" I laughed, covering my face slightly, as I realized I was a blushing mess.

"Come on!" Mark laughed, getting out of the water and helping me out as well.

"Thanks." I said to him, genuinely thankful. Mark walked me home quickly, trying to keep me warm. After he walked me to my house, I kissed his cheek and he left, smiling.

***

"Home and out of those wet clothes and into warm fuzzy pyjamas!" I exclaimed jumping into my bed, and falling into a deep sleep, yet again.