Chapter 1

Not really good at beginnings...

•••

C H A P T E R  1

•••

Cole sits there playing on his phone.

I sit there remembering.

He's bored out of his mind.

I'm scared to death.

He doesn't know anything.

I know everything.

He thinks it's over.

I know it's just the beginning.

"Selena and Cole Gomez" a familiar voice yells. Cole looks up and I snap out of my gaze...
"Marie" I nod my head and she just smiles weakly.

"Can we leave?" Cole avoids her eyes and just pushes past her to the car.

"I know" Marie ,our aunt, says before I could open my mouth and apologize.

I sigh and just get in the car saying "it's been a rough time for both of us and you know I had to get us out of there before he can just continue doing this to us...to me"

My room is normal, queen sized bed, a bathroom and a walk in closet. I didn't know Marie was a wealthy woman.

Well I didn't know a lot of things.

I hear a knock and Cole peaks in my room looking devastated. "Cole" I sigh.

"It's just.. I-I...I don't know"

"It's okay...just don't blame Marie" I drag him to sit next to me on my bed.

"I'm not...but I can't really be around a lot of happy people"

"She's sad too, but she's doing this for us... to have another chance" I rub his back comfortably.

He scoffs " Yeah well we should be sad...and mad and..and we have the right to report on that asshole after what he've done to you"

"Cole" I warn. "You and I both know we can't. I said forget about him, and start a new life. Tomorrow's our first day of school...come on cheer up" I smile and smack his chest.

He gets up to leave but before he could disappear I yell after his name and he nods for me to continue.

"Just...don't tell Marie. And try not always being grumpy. You're her favorite after all" I smirk.

"Go back to sleep sis. I'll make sure to wake you up annoyingly tomorrow morning" he chuckles.

After he leaves Marie comes with a sad smile.
"I hope he's feeling well darling"

"Yeah don't worry about him he'll be okay, he just needs some time to get used to it"

"Good, good. So are you all ready for school tomorrow? New life? New friends?"