Chapter20

Chapter20

~
The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means the ones you care about was willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better
~
COMMENT&VOTE&FOLLOW

•••

"Who the fuck is she?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows

He sighs and looks at me hesitating.

"John, you can trust me. . . I'm like your little sis, right bro?" I bump his shoulder trying to lighten the atmosphere.
He cracks a little smile and nods.

"She's my past. The one I've been trying to forget this whole fucking time" his fists tighten.

Damn, I guess this girl is bad news.

No shit Sherlock.

Here we go again. I mentally roll my eyes.

"Amber used to be my girlfriend. . . Now EX-girlfriend." He corrects himself.
"She was my world. I think I loved her too much"

"You think?" I ask.

He nods "yeah, I guess I just loved the idea of being loved because I wasn't the type of guy that holds on to someone. Back then, I used to love her so much it hurt when she left"

"She did?" I whisper afraid he'll break.

"Yeah" he whispers back. "She was more like a sister to everyone- of course except me cause I was her boyfriend" he chuckles.

Doesn't lighten the mood in here bro.

Damn me.

"She-she just kept leaving every night. She told me she has homework and projects with her other hoe.
Being my suck up old self I believed her every fucking single time. . . Until one night she forgot her phone at my place and I went to give it back and she-she...." He couldn't continue his sentence, it was obvious he was trying not to cry.

Heyyyy men can cry! They have emotions too.

Okay not the crying that happens every single day on stupid stuff, but a guy can cry when he gets hurt.
Well John doesn't look like the type that cried in front of anyone.

"She was working with Mason" he breathes out.

Ughhh!! Again with the clueless names!!!