Chapter22

Sorry for the long time but i have school and believe me this year is one hell of a year... Too much exams so excuse me-.-

· · · 

All I felt was Justin's arms wrapped around me so hard i couldn't look up from his chest...
When Justin asked if i trusted him, of course i would've said yes but i didn't know he was That stupid to jump off a cliff that has an unkown ending.

After what felt like minutes (but turned out to be a few seconds), we splashed into cold water, owr bodies still touching together ,sinking down. The bag on my back felt heavier, i could feel the water spreading through my clothe and whatever i packed in there.

One of Justin's hand leaves my torso, but the other holds me harder. I open my eyes, the need of oxygen increasing, looking up at him. He was trying to swim us up, but of course we were too heavy and we are still sinking. Plus i was just floating over here, doing nothing. I push my legs and my hands up, helping Justin to get us out of here because another 30 seconds in here and i'll be out of breathe.

And it worked.

We reached the top of what looked like a waterfall and i inhaled quickly,coughing  once the water escaped our heads.
"You okay?" justin wraps his arms around me when i started sinking again. I nodd my head closing my eyes shut.

He pulls me out and we lay in the mud , me coughing and him rubbing my back.
"What the hell was that?!!" i manage to yell.

"It was the only way to get away from him...he would've killed us, i don't even know how they fucking found us i mean i made sure--"

"Not about the jump, even though i am curious if you're that stupid, i'm talking about you leaving!!!" i push him hard and get up.

"HOW COULD YOU?!! YOU JUST LEFT ALONE WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT WHAT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!! TO ME!!" i punch his chest but he doesn't move one inch, my eyes get blurry with the salty tears that are threatening to spill.

My hittings slow down and i just look up at him, my bottom lip trembling
" look at you... You--youre all bruises and---and a-alec said h-he got u " and finally the tears spill, and he just hugs me saying " i'm sorry but i had to...we needed guns and they couldn't go with me....Zac and John. I needed them there for u, to protect you. But clearly Alec got there before me".

His thumb brushing across the cut on my lips and i wince "who did this to you?" he whispers through gritted teeth. I shake my head refusing to answer because i know exactly what'll happen..

"Hazel..."

"It was a guy...from Alec's gang. He tried stopping me from running away and when i refused he punched me..then alec killed him" i hug him closing my eyes and trying to wipe away the scene of the dead dude on the jungle floor.

"Shhh. . . it's okay, i'm here now"

A small smile breaks on my face, and i punch him slightly "dont you dare do that again"

"I wont, i promise"

·

We've been walking for hours, trying to find the others. But clearly they didnt jump off a mysterious cliff to end up at this side of the jungle.