Guild Wars 2 - Chronicles of Tyria Shorts

Glenn Mark X, my latest Golem invention and the most invincible Asura technology, has been defeated by the inquest's identical module of my creation. I simply couldn't believe all my endless night spent on modifying and testing had been ripped away in this epic showdown.

       My Golem was a total overhaul from the previous invention, it's the predecessor for the new generation of Asura. It has five significant part, from top to bottom: The Head, which is the center control, it perceives what's happening and give commands to the other parts. The Body, fortified with special material and equipped with a modified shield for protection last longer and utilized the energy from the Golem power crystal more efficiently. The Hand, coated in special made Orichalcum and crystal synthesized material, it's both light weight and strong and provides better maneuvers in combat. The Leg, with reorganized circuitry design, gains incredible swiftness. Most importantly, the Heart, the energy source for the Golem, was more powerful than ten normal crystal combined, feeding more juice for the machine.

       Such design was never seen and would hardly be challenged in the coming years, but the inquest, the scum in the slum, is driving me mad.

       Throughout the process of building this mighty Golem, I had done almost all the work by myself to keep it a secret for when something like this happened, I guess someone in my connection must have had leaked the blueprint to the inquest - a spy, yes.

       Who would it be I wondered. Ever since I had worked on this project, I had met Tom the supplier with his minion, Jack the worker. Cat the alchemist, and a Charr with a name so provocative that I dare not say it out loud, the name is Shet from the Black Citadel.

       Tom is a good friend of mine, we know each other some other day in the woods of Metrica Province. I was there taking a break from work to interact with the nature while Tom was digging ores. We chatted, exchanged some working information and he's been my dedicated supplier ever since. He doesn't seem like the kind of man who would mess up with the inquest, at least he's attentive when I ordered supplies from him.

       His worker, Jack, is the same old wood from the tree, humble and hardworking, never talked much, always carrying the supplies without complaining. Maybe a bit too quiet I suppose?

       And there comes Cat, whose job was aiding me synthesizing materials for later use. She could easily turn everything from anything without failure.

       Sh... Shet, I never really trusted him, apart from the racial thing and his giant hairy body, he didn't really give me a sense of security around him, it is like his presence always makes me uncomfortable and afraid that he would just tear me apart with his sharp claws or eat me alive with his shake-like teeth.

       Who is the spy?