Two Months!

How I Write

Typically I write (type) in the afternoon. 

My writings are organic production, meaning I served it raw. I write as I construct the whole thing (I am doing it). Sometime I was even surprised by my own train of thoughts because I never anticipated how the idea or concept would end (or no ending at all).

I write one true sentence so it will started off on the right track.

At the beginning, I used Ommwriter which sparked many great ideas and concepts in a distraction free writing environment.

More recently, I started to do it in Google Document as to prepare for the transition from a desktop with Windows to a Chromebook with ChromeOS.

What I Am Working On

As I have stated in the blog, I am currently writing short burst of ideas or concepts, mostly are materials that I might use for the Sci-Fi Universe I am shaping, with the element of the sub-genre Cyberpunk.

And starting from the 1st November, I will be participating the NaNoWriMo. Basically, I write at least 50,000 in a month and I will win.

I thought about outlining the sci-fi story I am working on but nada, I want to do something else. A Space Comedy, something funny that involve a crew in a spaceship, adventures, jokes, explorations, encounters. It should be a fun time to write. Because I find writing about that easier.

Working Title (Any suggestion?): 

Cyber Next 2020 (Cybernex 2020)

De.Tec.Tive

Trans Vision

Mass Rollback (M.R.)

Bridged Connection

Why I Write

I Write Because Writing Is Not A Game.

So I have spent years on gaming and watching TV shows and will probably continue to do so, for they are truly entertaining and provided me with many excellent ideas.

Unlike games, there is no pre-set premises or restraints (Except I Have To Write It As I Go), There is no rule or regulation, I can write whatever pleases me, however ridiculous. I enjoy the solitude while I write for I feel much more alive and engaged in the world I created.

Where I Write

In my parents room in front of the desktop. Not the basement for we do not have one in a residential building, thank god.

I am thinking about writing somewhere else, and a stupid idea came up to me. Wake up early and walk to the Hong Kong Central Library to write everyday.

Who Motivated Me

Myself? Writers like Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, Philip K. Dick,William Gibson? Famous Authors, Smart People.

Am I Financially Independent

Not that I know of.

However, I do have saved roughly HKD50,000 + during my dreadful labor work for the McDonald’s kitchen for the past three years. I am thinking about investing in steady income and low risk products.

Am I studying

Obviously YES.

I am currently enrolled into 3 MOOC(Massive Open Online Course) provided by Coursera and iversity, and I believe much more to come in the next year.

Fantasy and Science Fiction: The Human Mind, Our Modern World

Crafting an Effective Writer: Tools of the Trade

The Future Of Storytelling

I am willing to be one of the lab rat for this kind of studying method, and I support and recommend it. Nothing is for everyone, believe me, I know.

P.S. I WANT YOU

Seeking artist to draw, or more like sketch something base on the ideas and concepts. Nothing fancy. 

If you have the time to spare, drop me a line.

SECONDS, MINUTES, HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS, YEARS...

It has been a fruitful two months, I believe I wrote more words than the last six years studying in school. AND I LIKED IT.

As this time, I still have roughly 20 more writings written in advance, like a reserve in case I missed the daily writing or stressed out myself. Peace