Runaway

He was drunk again, she could tell by his sloppy steps and the smell of beer. 

He walked into her room and fumbled around her pile of clothes and magazines on the desk and caught her by the hair on bed and pull her down to the floor. He forced her to kneel before him and he gave her a slap in the face. She was crying and begging and kicking and cursing and yelling, and he let go of her.

A rainstorm was in progress when she busted out the front porch in barefoot.

She kept running in the dark until she reached the "Chelsea's" where lights were on and the room was warm. She opened the door and welcomed herself and the soaked dress at the left corner seat and saw Chelsea was staring at her with the look where the eyeball fixed at a gaze, the nose tightened up, and the lower lips bent to the left with his mouth opened ajar.

"Don't give me that sick look of yours, I am your customer." She said.

"All right, ma'am, I am just curious why you haven't divorce that son of the bitch already. I don't know how you are still doing it after so many times." Chelsea said, rubbing a mug. "Can I fix you something to warm up?"

"Give me hot chocolate."

The hot chocolate arrived with a blanket.

"Stay warm." He covered her with the blanket.

"How nice of you." 

"Just doing my job."

She held on the hot chocolate and absorbed the heat from the steam, she sipped the creamy liquid and let it flowed between her tongue and throat, bit by bit, she found warmth.

"Are you feeling better?" Chelsea asked.

"As oppose to worse?" She said.

He went on rubbing the big beer mug, flushed it with the water and hung it upside down.

A clash of thunder landed and she spilled the chocolate on the desk.

"Let me handle it, you just sit there and let me do my job." Chelsea said.

He wiped the desk and took her cup for a refill. Another cup of hot chocolate arrived.

She blew the steam away and drank a mouthful.

"You know Jack is a good guy, he just doesn't know how to control himself when he's drunk.' She said.

"But the thing is, when a guy gets himself drunk and beat on his wife every time, he damn sure knew he shouldn't drink." Chelsea said, adding the woods.

She fell into silence.

"Becca, you deserve to have a better life with someone else." Chelsea said.

"By someone else you mean you, right?" Becca replied.

They both fell into silence.

[Imagine Chelsea as Lafayette Reynolds. That's what's in my mind. 'Chelsea's' as the "Merlot's".]

"Are you feeling better?" Chelsea asked.

"As oppose to worse?" She said.

As in Mr.Pink(Steve Buscemi) asking Mr. White(Harvey Keitel) in Reservoir Dogs

Mr. Pink: This is bad. This is so fucking bad. Is it bad?

Mr. White: As opposed to good?