Falling Latex

In came the Wolf, Sonny Valens, with his partner in crime, Robin Tick, also known as the Eagle. For the duo, it was just killing with improvisation, which excited them because of the random factor involved in one murder. Together, they committed and achieved many gruesome crimes in the city, where as the most memorable and recent one for the public being the ‘Falling Latex’ job.

It was the golden age of criminal activities, as once again the government was in partial shutdown. The countdown began for both parties and senselessly argument guaranteed till the ends meet. Before it was resolved, though, it was the killing season.

They received the job from a subcontractor in the middle of a national crisis, meaning they would never have to deal with the person they were working for directly, nor verbally, because only then would the timid people be bold enough to make the call.

The objective was simple, eliminate the target by any means necessary, and retrieve the parcel.

Crouching in position from a rooftop adjacent to ‘The Mercil Building’, Robin spotted the target approaching the lifting helicopter clumsily with a heavy black luggage through an extended military binoculars.

“Wolf, this is Eagle. Player is running with the ball. Repeat, Interception in TEN.”

“Eagle, sky is blue and ballpark’s clear, fire away.”

Robin swapped to the sniper rifle with a silencer attached. He steadied the beast on the platform and peered through the glass with his finger rested on the trigger. As the target walked into the shooting range, Robin gradually adjusted his breathing, and took the shot aiming for the big, fat , oily neck. Profit.

The bullet pierce straight through common carotid artery and there was nothing to do about it except letting the blood gone wild on the concret. Exactly ten seconds. Sonny jumped out under the helipad on the left and flanked the pilot with a silenced pistol at close range before he could realize what happened. One of the benefit about not having the security to mess around, Sonny thought.

“Parcel retrieved, beginning extraction.”

Robin on the other side had already packed up after the shot was fired, and sky dived to an entrance of the city’s most notorious underpass as soon as he received the signal. Sonny, however, thought of something else.

He took the few bottles of yellow latex paint under the helipad where he once stayed hidden, and poured over the dead man’s body. He then kicked him off the roof, and down the yellow latex man went. The remaining paint was also downed dry after the guy. What people walking on the pavement witnessed was the most horrific mixture of the most gruesome yellow and red. As if they were real art. Some of the paint stuck on the wall and a few stripes of nonconsecutive line formed a pattern resembling the game of Tetris.

After the session of inspirational art, Sonny took off from the helicopter, where the seat was full of the pilot’s blood, and parachuted to the rendezvous point before crashing the bird into the ocean from 3,000 feet.