Outpost

The landing of the transporter blew up the light blue sand from the surface, Karl and other guards jumped off with masks in full gears and ran toward the outpost - a camp the Acting Galactic Government set up for expedition and research purposes on this unnamed planet. The surrounding area was quiet and the temperature was close to the human body. The only visible object was another outpost in a distance, almost as far stretch as to the horizon. 

Planet 9013, a medium asteroid class rock covered in light blue sand rumored to have a rich reserve of Orculium that could be extracted for mass fuel. Thus, the Acting Galactic Government sent out a team of researchers and built outpost on it for stay. Karl, and other guards were on a rotational duty between here and Planet 9015 every three Galactic Cycle. The work was dull but life was easy as the planet around this system had no living creatures.

The other night when Karl was off duty and at asleep, he started to dream about being in the front line of an epic ground battle. The visual was vivid and the motion was intense. He saw himself leading a team of elite soldiers and shoot down so many enemies that he begun to feel numb and sore. He rushed forward, ducked for cover, fired for suppression, yelled to command, signaled to regroup. The encounter gave him an adrenaline rush. 

The battle was won.

Karl woke up in a bloody vision. He smelt of blood, tasted of blood, surround by blood. Blood everywhere. Bloody hand prints on the wall, bloody footprints on the floor, blood in his hand. Blood in his hand. Everywhere, blood.

He walked out of his cubicle quarter, into every room and the ground, everyone was shot dead. He called in for help.

Guards from the other outpost arrived, he was put into a cell block and later transferred back to a military prison on heavy chains. 

People on Planet 9013 were afraid, they suspect Karl was contaminated or exposed to some kind of virus that turned him crazy. This wasn't the first time people gone out of their normal behavior in another planet but no one really knew what caused the issue.

Karl received medical treatment and psychiatric therapy, he was remarked as an intelligent person with extraordinary imagination.' Life in prison was boring but he managed to came up with exciting myths and tales to tell, the inmates were impressed by him.

When he talked about how he ended up in prison, almost everyone said they had the same experience. They thought it was all a dream.

Maybe they ate something, maybe they were exposed to something, maybe they were fed with something, maybe they were made for this thing.

Dream On.