Chapter 41

"Is there something wrong with me or do you think it's weird too that yesterday they were wearing chastity belts but today they're like teenagers at the prom," Mark asked Addison with a disgusted face as Meredith's hand disappeared under the table once again during their lunch.

"I hear chastity belts are completely out of fashion this season," chuckled Derek.

"So, what happened after we left?" demanded Addison straightforwardly. "Did you stay for the night?"

"Yes, he did," smiled Meredith looking deeply into Derek's eyes as her fingers traced little circles on his knee slowly moving up.

"Okay, what about taking things slow? Working out your problems?" argued the redhead. "You shouldn't have-"

"We haven't," shrugged Meredith.

"Yet..." breathed out Derek.

Mark raised his eyebrows exchanging puzzled looks with his girlfriend.

"So what's with the grope-fest?"

"We had a heart to heart conversation," shrugged Meredith her attention focused mainly on Derek, "and tonight... is the night."

"Ugh," Addie put her fork down scrunching her face.

"Well, you asked," Meredith rolled her eyes.

"Thank God, I moved out just in time."

"Oh, we're going to the trailer anyway," smirked Derek and looked at Mark with superiority. "We wouldn't want to keep all Seattle awake with- ahh," he couldn't stifle the moan that escaped from his throat when Meredith's hand grazed the fabric of his pants dangerously close to his member.

"For Christ's sake, we're in the middle of the cafeteria!" hissed Addison. "Keep your hands off each other! You're not teenagers. What happened to your professionalism at the workplace rule, Mer?"

"It flew out of the window," giggled Meredith bringing her palm back safely on Derek's knee. She could resist her temptation a little bit longer but nothing would make her stop touching him. "So what's the whole thing with teenagers at the prom? What?" she shrugged as they eyed her quizzically. "I've never been to a prom."

"How come?" frowned Mark. "You totally are the prom queen type."

"Well, I wasn't back then," she remarked lightly.

"Then you are good for Derek after all," he smirked. "He wasn't either."

"Seriously? Why not?" she looked between her boyfriend and his best friend.

"Mark," gritted Derek through his teeth threateningly.

"Bet you think Shep is such a hot cookie," snorted Mark anyway. "I hope it's not a deal breaker if I tell you he was a high school dork and band geek. And the only remarkable thing about him was the big nose and afro," he laughed boisterously avoiding the kick Derek was aiming at him under the table.

"Really?" Meredith turned to scrupulously study Derek's which was beet red from embarrassment. She reached out her hand to smooth the frown on his forehead. "Time worked for him, didn't it? Besides, those couldn't be the only remarkable things about him. I can extol another of his merits, a biiiig one, if you know what I mean."

"He might not get it," smirked Derek, thoroughly content that his girlfriend was backing him up. "He's lacking somewhat in that department."

"I. do. not." huffed Mark. "It's just a stupid rumor Derek always takes a weird pleasure to spread around."

"Well..." Addison threw in innocently avoiding his eyes, a tiny grin on her lips. "You're not exactly..."

"What?" growled Mark.