Chapter 6.

"What?" I asked as I bit into a huge piece of my garlic bread.

"Um... It's just that.." Luke dragged.

"Just say it!" I rushed him.

"Well. Promise me nothing will change between us after I say this." Luke conditioned.

"Hey! Nothing will change between us. You're my best friend. And you always will be. Now tell me before I get an anxiety attack!" I replied.

"So uh you know the first day we met back in the airport?" Luke asked.

"Of course! It was a wild day." I said, remembering how fun that day was.

"Yeah." Luke giggled, putting a spoonful of Mac and Cheese into his mouth.

"Well?" I asked.

"Okay. I'm just gonna say i-" He said as he was eating and bit his tongue.

"Ouch! Fuck am I bleeding?" He asked, sticking his tongue out.

"Ew yes!! Go drink some water!" I suggested, taking a sip of my orange juice.

Luke quickly ran into the kitchen and gulped down a glass full of water and spat it out. Then he came out to the deck.

I let out a little giggle.

"Why are you laughing?" Luke laughed.

"Nothing, I just remembered something! Are you okay though?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Now tell me why you were laughing!" He stubbornly asked.

I took another sip of my orange juice and said, "It's like all the boys I know had bad experiences with spoons! Mike got hit on the head with one when he was little! You just bit yourself while eating with one and Liam's turtle-" I stopped.

Luke's POV.

I understood why she stopped and decided to not push it.

"Fuck" I thought to myself because I wanted to tell her something very important tonight, but of course it got ruined.

"So you were going to tell me?" Sophia finally broke the silence.

"Oh yeah it's just that You know knew that Mike was going to Josh's party. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier!" I obviously lied.

Sophia scoffed and replied, "You're such a drama queen Luke! We've been over this! It's okay! Why would I change anything between us because of this little thing?"

"Yeah I kinda did overreact!" I covered, finishing up his pasta.

We finished their meals and went inside. I loaded the dishwasher and Sophia took the fruit salad bowls out of the fridge. We walked to the living room then started eating the healthy dessert. I turned the TV on and changed the channel to 19. Which was the weather network.

"Mm. This tastes so good!" I complimented.

"You're welcome." Sophia smiled.

"Thank you for a lovely meal. Hey look the weather's so nice outside. We should go for a walk or something!" I replied, pointing at the window.

"I don't know. I'm not in the mood for walking around right now!" Sophia said, pouting.

"C'mon!! It'll be fun! We can just go around the lake and maybe get some ice cream! They say it's good for the baby!" I made a puppy dog face.

"Aww. Look at you! Already caring for my baby!" Sophia replied, finishing up her fruit salad.

"Of course I care! Now get up!" I said, going into my room to get a shirt and one of my hoodies for Sophia.