All you had to do was ask - Bucky Barnes

When Tony Stark hired me to work for the Avengers, I had assumed I would do fieldwork. Go on missions and save the world sort of stuff. Not rehabilitating a one-hundred and two-year-old super-soldier with a metal arm and a complete lack of knowledge of the modern world...

Despite not getting the job I had thought I was being hired for, I had spent nearly half a year getting Bucky more accustomed to how the world worked in the year 2019.

With each day spent with him, you saw improvements. Talking with Steve each day was reassurance as well. Steve had also noticed the changes, noting that he felt the old Bucky was reappearing every time he conversed with his friend.

I had to admit, though, spending my days with Bucky wasn't the worst option. He was actually pretty funny and sweet once he shed the gloomy Winter Soldier vibes. Through the months, I began to notice things about him, things that I admittedly liked. Such as the way he addressed me each morning or the charming things he did that would usually drive me insane if a man did, such as opening doors and pulling out my chair. But when Bucky did these things, I found myself smiling and thanking him. I couldn't help it! He was exceptionally cute, and he flirted in a way that men these days didn't. At least, I hoped it was flirting. Part of me wondered if he was just being sweet. Maybe he acted like this with every woman he came into contact with?

No matter what, it felt unprofessional (even if every sweet word and flirty touch causes butterflies to erupt in your stomach) to flirt with him. You were supposed to be rehabilitating him, not flirting with him.

But his flirty grin always seemed to get the better of me.

A lot of our time together was spent in his quarters. I understood that it was a space that felt safe and secure for him. When we did adventure out, those adventures were usually aimed towards grabbing lunch or walking around a park.

I liked the times we spent away from Avengers Tower, but it was my job to make sure he felt comfortable. If he felt the most at ease in his room, then that's where we would stay.

I make my way up towards his room on the third floor, typing in the code that Tony had made for me specifically. The metal door opens, and I walk inside. The layout of Bucky's room was normal to all the quarters the Avengers had. A large bedroom on the far side, by the large floor to ceiling windows, a kitchenette, a full bathroom, and a small living space with a couch. I make my way to his bedroom, fully expecting him to be lounging in his bed watching television. How I normally find him each morning.

Confidently, I open the door to his bedroom and am greeted with a sight I never expected to see. James Buchanan Barnes in his full glory right out of the shower. Water drips from his long brown hair, down his muscular back and butt--

A strangled squeak like noise comes from my throat, my hand coming up to my mouth in embarrassment. The sound causes Bucky to turn towards me, the exposed musculature of his chest and arms flexing with the movement.

I look away to avoid-- the rest of him. Geez, why hasn't he tried to cover up a bit? Does he have no shame?

"Oh, hey (y/n)," Bucky sounds unfazed even in his completely exposed state.

I turn away, absolutely embarrassed that he's standing there, water dripping down his body obscenely.

Bucky chuckles, "Give me a second to get a towel." I can hear him pad into the bathroom and the metallic sound of him pulling a towel from the bar attached to the wall. I squirm, the image of him running that towel across his toned body invading my mind.

I can't think of him like that!

"You can turn around now."

Not trusting that statement, I stand still for another beat before finally turning towards him. That damn towel is wrapped loses around his hips, dipping dangerously low--

My eyes flick away again, filled with a new wave of discomfort.

Bucky grins, eyes filled with mischief, "You know (y/n)--" I don't like where is teasing is going... "if you wanted to see me naked, all you had to do was ask."

My eyes widen in shock, not expecting such a statement to come from him. The words, somewhat innocent in its structure, sounds filthy as it drips from his lips.

I finally find my voice muttering a quick "sorry" before rushing out of the room. Being around him with only that towel keeping him-- decent is too much.

Pacing around the room, I try to decide if I have to resign from my position? Was this too far-- it wasn't my fault, but did this cross some line? It felt like it crossed every single line imaginable...

Bucky chooses that moment to walk out, fully clothed this time. He's wearing a shit-eating grin like this entire situation was humorous to him.

"I am so sorry!" My voice is all squeaky and unrecognizable, "I had no idea--"

"Relax, (y/n)," he places his hands on my arms, keeping me in place. I refuse to meet his eyes. "It was a mistake. Don't worry about it, doll."

"Still! It was completely unprofessional, Bucky... I-- I need to report myself to someone?"

Bucky chuckles, "report yourself? Was it such a horrible view that you need to be reassigned?"

My eyes flicker up to his, "What? No... you look like a Greek god--" My eyes widen at my unfiltered comment. Shit!

His smile widens, "A Greek god? Not a bad compliment for one-hundred and two, eh?"