Another One pt 2 - Bucky Barnes

I wrote this at TWO AM , so sorry if it's trash. Hope it's satisfactory for your Bucky fluff needs.

Sitting in the waiting room is excruciating. You still were a little annoyed with Bucky. You knew that this wasn't his fault, you had agreed, almost begged, to sleep with him the moment the six-week wait was up. You couldn't help that your husband was just so extremely attractive.

"(y/n) Barnes, The doctor will see you now." A lady in lilac scrubs calls. You stand up following her, Bucky trailing behind. You kinda felt bad for how upset you let yourself get over this whole thing, and knew he took it slightly personal that you were mad.

Reaching out your hand behind you, you grab for his hand. Feeling the cool touch of metal made you feel better. Buck rarely let people touch his metal arm. He thought it made him too different undeserving to be around people. Whole people, without a past like his. But once he let you into his life, he began to let you touch his arm. You knew that he didn't take your yelling and screaming last night too personally.

The nurse brings you into a sterile smelling room. You really didn't imagine yourself in a room like this one for a few years at least. Diagrams and plastic models of pregnant women and fetuses surround you as you sit down in a plush chair.

Silence fills the room as the nurse closes the door.

"I know you're mad (y/n)..."

"I'm not mad Bucky. I'm just upset that our timeline is being rushed. This wasn't supposed to happen now." You feel those traitorous tears coming.

"I know that—"

"And I know it's not your fault. It's just that we have a newborn, and I don't know if I can handle another pregnancy on top of that... It's just there's no break at all."

He intertwines your fingers, gently bringing your hand to his lips, "I'm still sorry."

You laugh at the absurdity, "I'm sorry too. I wish I had reacted better—"

This time he cuts you off, "I understand darling. This was never my intention when I said I wanted another one... I thought it would be down the road, not a few months later. But just think, we're going to have two little ones by next year."

You wipe at your eyes. As you begin to reply the doctor comes in.

"Mrs. Barnes," she smiles, "I didn't expect to see you here this soon."

You laugh, "I didn't think I'd be here anytime soon... but here we are."

Doctor Susan Brown had been your OB-GYN for your first pregnancy, and you had really liked her. She didn't ask you weird, personal questions about Steve (like your first OB-GYN before Doctor Brown had), or anything else inappropriate, completely keeping up a professional doctor/patient relationship. Plus, she was kind, which was always a plus in your books.

"You really took the phrase 'Barefoot and pregnant' literally Mr. Barnes." Bonus: she was funny.

Bucky's face pinkens a tiny bit, but he smiles cheekily.

She smiles back, her eyes dancing with amusement. You wonder how many of her patients came back mere months after their pregnancies. You would bet good money on it being a low percentage.

"Jump up on the table and we'll get started."

***

Doctor Brown confirms the news, congratulating you and Bucky. She gives you pamphlets and booklets and sends you off with another appointment in place.

"So, we're doing this," Bucky says cautiously.

You sigh, "Yes. We're doing this."

"Can we tell Steve yet or do we have to wait?"

You study his profile as he drives, "You're excited."

A smile breaks his stoic expression, "Maybe a little."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you planned this James!"

He chuckles, stopping at a red light, "I didn't, but I'm still excited."

You roll your eyes, "I can't believe you got me pregnant again."

"What can I say? Super Soldier."

You slap him on the arm, "You did not just blame this on the serum. You think you have super strong sperm?"

He laughs, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I'm the only Super Soldier with a dame." The little dig to Steve's singleness makes you laugh.

"Hey, Steve will find someone. You just wait. Soon there will be little Captain America's calling you Uncle Buck."

"We'll see. The serum did nothing to help his flirting."

"He's charming, plus that ass—"

"Hey," he glances at you, the shadow of a frown on his face.

You giggle, "Sorry. Your ass is pretty fantastic too."

He shakes his head, "(y/n), what am I going to do with you? Pregnant with my baby and drooling over my best friends butt."

You throw your head back in laughter, "Bucky... I wasn't—Trust me I've only got eyes for you Jamesy."