Love Drunk - Steve Rogers

(Endgame hurt me. Here's some Steve fluff.)

"Bottoms up bitches!" you shout, downing your fourth shot of the night. Another mission successfully complete

"I think you've had enough," Steve tries to reach for the shot glass.

"No!" you pull away from him, "'m fine."

He stares at you with those brilliant blue eyes, his expression stony... Captain American-y.

"Let her be Steve," Tony butts in, "She fought hard today, we all did."

Steve stares at Tony before getting up and leaving the living room. You stare after him before dropping your gaze to the shot glass in your hands. The room goes strangely silent.

You stand up, your vision only slightly betraying you, "I'm gonna go find him." The other Avengers look to around at each other but let you attempt to follow Steve.

You struggle up the staircase, having to stop a few times to catch your balance.

"Damnit," you grasp the railing tightly, "Why are there so many stairs?"

"(y/n)?" You look up. Steve's a few stairs in front of you. You reach out, attempting to grab at his arm. Instead, he catches you as your intoxicated state causes you to lose your balance again.

"Woah are you okay?" he asks. Your face is pressed up against his chest.

"Um... yes. I'm okay." He lets you use him for balance as you pick yourself up.

"C'mon. I'll carry you to your room." He picks you up effortlessly and walks up the remaining staircase. You can't help but stare at his profile. Steve's really pretty you think to yourself. A smile creeps onto his handsome face.

Steve opens the door to your room before placing you gently on your bed.

"Thank you," you mumble, suddenly aware that Steve Rogers is in your bedroom and you are incredibly drunk.

"You're welcome (y/n)," he says smiling again.

"Will you stay for a moment?" you sit up against the headboard.

He hesitates but sits on the corner of your bed. You almost laugh. How much farther could he sit from you?

"What's up?" he asks. Silence comes over the room.

"Why didn't you want me to continue drinking?" you blurt out.

"You didn't need more (y/n)."

"I can decide that for myself thank you very much, Mr. Rogers." You cross your arms defiantly.

Steve smirks, looking down at his hands, "I'm just looking out for you. I don't want to see you get hurt."

You feel your cheeks heat up, "You don't gotta... worry about me, Steve."

He looks up, a faint blush on his cheeks, "I know you can take care of yourself. I just want to make sure you don't get into any trouble."

You try to hide the grin on your face as you scoot closer to him, "Thank you." You place your hand on his, intertwining your fingers. You sit in silence for a couple of minutes.

"I'm exhausted... and you should probably get back down to the party. They'll wonder where we went."

Steve's face ignites into a deep red. He clears his throat, "Uh, yeah." Standing he walks to the door.

"(y/n)?" you turn towards him.

"Yeah?"

"I think you're pretty too." He smirks, leaving the room.

"I said that out loud?" you groan, burying your face in your hands.