Happy Birthday Steve - Steve Rogers

set in 2019 (endgame who). Posted a day early bc I won't be connected to the interwebs on July 4th most likely! I just needed to write some fluff I guess. Sorry if it's cheesy but also I don't care if you think it is. oops. Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Do you think this is too much?" you glance at Sam. He's standing on a ladder helping Bucky hang the 'Happy Birthday Steve!' banner above the doorway. Bucky glances at Sam, his shit-eating grin hinting to you that it might be. "Guys seriously!"

"It's something..." Sam glances around at the room. You thought the decorations were nice at first, but now it's starting to look like the Statue of Liberty threw up patriotic themed party decorations all over the Avengers Tower.

"I mean—" Bucky gives you an apologetic look, "It's maybe a tiny bit much... but how often does someone turn 101?"

"Oh my god, it's too much. What do we do now? The party starts in—" you look down at your phone screen. A picture of you and Steve at a baseball game stares up at you, distracting you for a second, "an hour."

Sam climbs down from the ladder, "(y/n), it's going to be fine. So what if it's a bit gaudy. He's still going to love it. Relax."

"And besides he is America's poster boy. This fits in with his brand." Bucky adds.

"You helped me pick out these decorations Barnes. You're partially to blame." You shoot a look at him.

Bucky rolls his eyes, "I am not taking any flack for this (y/l/n)."

Rolling your eyes you ignore him turning to Sam, "Did you already get the cake?"

"Yes."

"Did you let in the caterer?"

"Uh huh."

"And you made sure Steve is busy for another two hours max?"

"Affirmative."

"Awesome. We can complete this... travesty and get ready for the party. It's go time boys."

**

"Oh wow (y/n)," Tony looks around at the room, "Went a little crazy with the patriotic theme."

"I know it's a lot. Just think of it as half Steve half Fourth of July extravaganza."

"Is there going to be fireworks?" Thor asks.

"Shoot. I have to ask Bucky if he got the fireworks. Be right back." You spot Bucky across the room talking to Peter Parker.

"Hey Bucky, hey Petey."

Peter smiles warmly, "Hi Miss (y/l/n)." He's a cute kid, always so polite.

You grin back, "How's school bud? Have a good end of the year?"

"I did. Aced all my finals."

"Wow, keep it up and you'll be running Stark Industries someday kiddo."

Peter smiles, flushing a tiny bit.

"What's up (y/n)?" Bucky asks.

"Did you pick up the fireworks?"

"Yes, ma'am."

You inwardly sigh in relief, "Super. Thanks."

"(Y/N)! HE'S COMING!" Tony whisper yells.

"Shit... Someone get the lights!"

The lights go out moments before the sound of the elevator coming to a stop sounds through the room. Slowly the door opens, and Steve comes into view.

"SURPRISE!" everyone yells as the lights are turned back on.

Steve doesn't look too surprised, but he grins at everyone anyways.

You walk towards him, "Happy birthday Stevie!" He pulls you into his arms, kissing your forehead sweetly.

"Thanks, babe. You didn't have to do all this for me." He says waving his hand at the decorations, which he doesn't say anything about to your satisfaction. He's not one to criticize something done for him, which you love.

"Of course, I did old man. Plus, you know I love the Fourth of July." You peck him on the lips.

**

Steve's party goes smoothly. The food's delicious and everyone seems to have a good time. As a joke you had the baker add 101 candles to the cake, which everyone finds hilarious. Steve blows them out in one go.

"What did you wish for you?" you had asked.

"I didn't wish for anything (y/n). I have everything I need and more." You had melted at his words. How did you get to call a sweet man like Steve yours?

The night draws to an end you all snuggled up on the top of Avengers Tower with blankets and pillows you had bought as party favors. People are scattered across the roof in little groups, snacking on leftovers, talking, and laughing.

Steve has you snuggled up against his chest, a blanket wrapped around the both of you as you watch the dazzling show of red white and blue. You look up at him.

"Did you like your party?" you ask him.

He smiles down at you, with one of his special Steve smiles. The kind that you can see in his eyes, "I did."

You grin, "I'm happy. I wanted everything to be perfect."

"You could have done nothing for me (y/n) and I would've been satisfied. Just spending time with you is enough for me."

Again, he pulls at your heartstrings, "I would plan a million parties for you baby."

Another huge red white and blue firework goes off above the tower. Everyone 'ooo's and 'ahh's. You again glance up at Steve, feeling warm in your heart. You love celebrating America's birthday... but you love Steve Rogers more.