Perfect Miracle pt 2 - Steve Rogers

(Okay so I mentioned in part 1 that Hope (nickname 'Hopey' look it up it's a real thing) is blonde... so to basically say "whoops I guess I forgot that this is a reader insert... here's my explanation! The super soldier serum made Steve's DNA like super fucking powerful and it basically is like "lol this child you made with this man is just basically gonna be genetically more like him SORRY BOUT IT!" so there. That's your explanation. ENJOY!)

Also, these parts are going to be out of order in Hope's life. I'm just gonna go with what I'm inspired by in the moment. I don't know why you'd be mad about it, but if you are well that sucks I guess. AGAIN ENJOY!

"Daddy daddy daddy!" The pigtailed, vivacious three-year-old runs past you when she hears the front door open.

"Pumpkin!" You watch your husband scoop up your squealing daughter. He's dressed in jeans and the long sleeve grey crewneck you bought him for his last birthday. Steve had been on a mission for a week straight, leaving you with the little blonde ball of energy. He walks towards you as Hope babbles on about her crayon drawings and other things the two of you had done the past week.

"Mommy took me shopping!" her small arms are around Steve's neck, her cheek pressed up against his.

"What'd you buy?" his voice is full of so much adoration for the kiddo.

"We got lots of fruit. Babanas."

"Bananas," you correct, cracking a smile as you continue to chop up the vegetables for dinner.

"Hello Mrs. Rogers," Steve presses a kiss to your cheek. Hope sticks out her tongue.

"Hello to you to Mr. Rogers," you grin.

"How have you two held up?" he asks, shifting Hope onto his other hip to see you better.

"Pretty good. Not much misbehavior from Hopey, but she asked about you at bedtime every night." Steve looks pained by these words. You know he wishes he could just give up being Cap, and you also know he doesn't feel like his job is done yet as Cap. Of course, you support his decisions, but you know how it tears him apart to be away from you and Hope.

"All that matters are that you're home and you're safe Steve. You're here now."

"I know (y/n), I just feel like an absent father when I leave the two of you here."

You snort, "You're hardly an absent father Steve. When you are home you spend every moment with Hope and me. A lot of parents go on business trips."

Steve rolls his eyes, "I wouldn't call tracking down HYDRA, a business trip."

"It's the closest comparison I could think of!" you laugh, "Now either put down the child and help me make dinner or go amuse her in the living room." He grins before racing out of the kitchen to Hope's playroom. You hear Hope's squeals as he make-believe flies her around.

"I want to play princess tea party!" you hear her yell. You know Steve will go along with it. He's practically an expert princess with impeccable tea party manners.

A half an hour goes by with their chatter and the sound of the stir fry cooking filling the house with life.

"Dinner's ready!" you yell as you dish up Hope's meal. You are lucky that your daughter hadn't shown any serious picky eating habits... yet. She happily ate what you put in front of her without a fuss most of the time.

You stifle a laugh when Steve trails in after Hope. A pink feather boa is draped elegantly around his shoulder. It matches the feathery plastic crown on his head. The best part of his Hope-inspired outfit is the pink little girl sunglasses that hardly fit his face.

"How do I look?" he asks twirling for you.

"Elegant, Princess Steven." You giggle.

"Daddy looks pretty," Hope pulls him towards the table.

"He does," you say admiring your little family.