Perfect Miracle pt. 1 - Steve Rogers

I guess I'm really in a Steve mood! This specific one-shot is possibly (at least 2) multiple chapters long. (YOU REALLY ADORE STEVE I GUESS MAYBE I'M PROJECTING LOL)

"So, what's her name?" Natasha leans over to coo at your daughter. Your baby girl sleeps soundly in her daddy's arms, her blonde hair peeking out from under the lavender blanket Tony had given you and Steve after she was born.

"Hope Jamie Rogers," you caress the sleeping babies face.

"That's beautiful (y/n)," Wanda smiles warmly, "What was the inspiration for her name?"

"Well, Hope was my grandmother's name..."

"And Jamie is after Bucky," Steve nods towards your daughter's godfather. Bucky smiles shyly from the other couch.

"Well she's beautiful guys," Natasha grins, her hand resting on top of Hope's head. Hope yawns, cuddling into Steve's chest.

****

You yawn, stretching your arms as you walk into your kitchen. After you and Steve got married, you moved out of the Avengers tower and into a medium-sized house outside of the city. You remember the first time you and Steve had looked at the house before buying it. The living-room, with its big windows looking out at the large yard had charmed you and the kitchen and dining room was large enough to assemble the Avengers for holidays. But your favorite part had been when Steve had mentioned the many rooms with the possibility of many occupants for those rooms in the future. He smiled down at you, lightly touching your waist. You had leaned into the small touch, and at that moment you had known that this was the home you wanted to share with the love of your life.

"What are you thinking about?" Steve asks. You grin at him. The sight of him in his jeans and blue jacket, holding your daughter in her carrier warms your heart in a way you can't describe.

"Our family," you respond, kissing him on the cheek before taking Hope's carrier to the kitchen table. You unbuckle Hope and snuggle her to your cheek, walking her towards her room upstairs. Steve follows behind grinning. He's secretly confided in you that his favorite aspects of fatherhood so far have been showing off his daughter, and her bedtime routine. You can already tell he's eager to read her bedtime stories and sneak her snacks behind your back. He's already a wonderful, doting father.

After you two bathe, dress, and feed Hope, you lay her down in her crib. Ever since the day you brought Hope home, Steve and you have watched her sleep for a couple of minutes after laying her down every night. You have not yet wrapped your head around how this perfect miracle was yours. You could tell Steve wondered the same thing.