Optimism is Key - Steve Rogers

Ever since you had found out you were pregnant, your husband Steve had worried. Sure he was over joyed that he was going to be a father, but he desperately didn't want his child to suffer from the same conditions he had before becoming a super soldier. You had assured him that no matter what, your child had himself, you and a bunch of aunties and uncles that would love him or her no matter what.
But of course Steve still warned you to be ready for the possibilities. You do know that you'll love this child unconditionally. He or she is 1/2 the man you love more than anything, how couldn't you love them?
At the moment you sit in your bed with Steve. He flips through the stations, mindlessly drawing patterns on your baby bump. He finally selects a channel, but you don't pay much attention to the TV. His large hand roaming your stomach is far more entertaining. You look up at your husband, his jaw is relaxed as the TV illuminates his handsome profile.
"What are you looking at?" he asks softly glancing over.
"You," you answer simply. "I wonder if this one will be as handsome as his daddy."
He smiles faintly,"No one finds scrawny handsome (y/n)," he says dryly.
"Steven Grant Rogers!" you say slapping his arm, a frown crossing your face. The words wound you, you're sick and tired of his attitude towards your unborn child.
"Stop assuming the worst! Bruce has time after time assured us he or she is developing at a normal rate, maybe even a bit faster than normal! Dammit Steven I will be optimistic!" During your rant you had found your way off the bed, standing above him. He stares up at you, gawking.
"(Y/n), you know I'm just scared..." he trails off in defeat.
"I'm scared too Steve, but this is happening and I really really really would appreciate your strength in this," you can't help the tears that flow down your cheeks,"I can't do this alone." he looks up as you wrap your arms around yourself trying to keep it together.
He pulls you down into his arms, holding you close to his chest.
"I think you're much stronger than me (y/n)" he whispers into your hair.
Pulling back from his chest you say,"me stronger than Captain America?" You giggle wiping away tears.
He grins, pulling you into a tight hug. He kisses the top of your head.
"I'll try to be more optimistic, maybe the serum will transfer over to him," Steve places his hand over your stomach.
"I believe it will," you say kissing his cheek.