Perfect Miracle Pt 6 - Steve Rogers

Idk it's soft. I'm obsessed with Soft Dad!Steve. Also Idk I've never written Tony but I tried to keep my boys sass (I guess I really zoned into that but I LOVE SASSY TONY.) Enjoy.

Bringing Hope with you to work was a no brainer. She was safe at the tower, she had plenty of aunties and uncles to watch her if you needed them, and you honestly didn't want to be away from her or Steve at the moment. So obviously the only option was to break out the BabybJorn and keep Hope near you or Steve while you're working.

You had picked up more desk duty and diplomatic jobs at the tower when you had found out you were pregnant and couldn't see yourself going back to field missions. As much as you enjoyed being on the frontlines, you had to think about Hope. It scared you enough to let Steve go on the missions. He could be reckless at times, and you had always felt more comfortable knowing you were with him if something went wrong on a mission. He's Captain America and the super soldier serum makes him stronger than the average man, but he isn't immortal.

Currently, Steve has Hope strapped tightly against his chest, as he talks with Nat and Sam about whatever mission the Avengers were planning next. You can see the top of her head peeking out of the grey fabric. Occasionally Steve's hand brushes against her back, rubbing soothingly. You want to swoon at how adorable your big, strong husband looks with your itsy-bitsy baby sleeping against his chest.

Nat catches you staring. She smiles, "(y/n), I think Hope's hungry."

You walk towards the group, wrapping your arms around Steve's waist, "Are you hungry pumpkin?" Hope blinks her big (y/e/c) eyes at you.

**

Hope lays snuggled up in your arms, full a content. Tony tinkers with something on the couch next to you. He wouldn't admit it, but he kinda adores the little blonde in your arms. Sure, he was sweet to you and Steve when Hope was born, but he didn't realize how fond he looked when you let him hold her.

"Can you hold Hope for a second Tony? I just remembered I have to look over some legal forms and there in the other room.

He sets down the little hologram tablet, trying to look annoyed, "Fine."

The moment you set Hope gently in his awaiting arms, his covers blown. That familiar crinkly smile almost appears, his eyes giving it away. You keep yourself composed until you reach the other room, where you let out a giggle. Tony Stark was a hardass sometimes, but he sure was a softie with your daughter.

You return with the forms, taking Hope from Tony reluctantly. A moment of comfortable silence washes over the room as you look over the papers.

"So," Tony interrupts suddenly, "Are you going to name the next one after me?"

"The next one?" You look up confused.

"The next child you and Rogers pop out." You want to laugh aloud.

"This one's barely two months old. I've hardly had time to think about the next one." You can't help the grin on your face.

"Well when you do, remember me when you name him."

"What if he's a her?"

"Toni with an 'i' could work." He shrugs.

"Wait... you're serious. You want us to name this make-believe baby after you?"

"Oh please (y/n). I've known Steve for a while now. There's no way he wants just one kid."

"Tony... I am not having another baby anytime soon," you protest.

Steve walks into the living room before Tony can reply. He grins before kissing your cheek and the top of Hope's head. Plopping down on the couch, he lets you place Hope on his chest.

"Steve, tell Tony we're not trying to get pregnant right now."

"Wait what?" he asks, looking between you and Tony. That normally cute frown line appears between his eyebrows.

"He thinks we're actively trying to have another baby. Did you say something?"

Tony laughs, "This ought to be good."

"I didn't...I didn't say that exactly."

You stare at your husband, "We're not having another baby right now Stevie. One is enough for the time being."

"I didn't say now. I said maybe in the future." He gives Tony side-eye, "Besides how do you know any of this? I said that to Bucky and Sam earlier. Were you in the room?"

"FRIDAY hears everything, Rogers. Everything."

"This is exactly why I didn't want to live here." You roll your eyes, "Privacy my ass."

"Hey hey. You would've had a whole floor to yourself. Captain loudmouth here," he points at Steve, "was in a public communal area. Anyone could have heard him with or without FRIDAY."

You roll your eyes, "Really? You monitor what's said in the communal areas, Tony?"

"I've got ears everywhere (y/n)." Tony grins.

"See. I don't trust your '(y/n) I swear the whole floor would be private' act Tony Stark. I have real work to do," you pick up Hope, cradling her against your chest.

"Wait (y/n). I swear I would turn FRIDAY's recording on the floor."

You elect to ignore Tony, "And you." Pointing towards your husband, "I don't want to hear anything else about our sex life or personal life from anyone on this team ever again."

Steve smiles sheepishly, "I swear, I didn't say anything."

"I don't care," you say rocking the baby, "Not a word. Got it, Cap?"

"Yes ma'am," he stands up walking towards you. He kisses your cheek, grins boyishly and leaves the room.

"You too Tony. No more gossip or I'll tell Pepper."

He rolls his eyes, "Fine. But I still want you to name the next one after me."