Perfect Miracle pt 3 - Steve Rogers

Two weeks ago, you had begun to feel under the weather but had brushed it off as a stomach virus. You kiss Steve on the cheek as he opens the front door, ready to leave on a month-long mission.

"You sure you're okay? I won't go if you don't feel good."

You roll your eyes, "I'm fine Steve. I promise I can take care of myself.

He stares at you intently, "If it gets worse, you need to update me."

"No, I do not Captain and no I will not. If I do, you will abandon ship and Tony will blame me."

"He won't! I need to be here to take care of you."

You laugh, pushing him lightly out of the door, "Go save the world big guy. I'll be fine here."

*One Week Later*

You, in fact, did not feel fine, but you'd be damned to tell Steve that. You had only been sort of kidding when you said he'd come running back to you if you mentioned still feeling sick. You knew Steve Rogers and you knew he would find a way to come home.

You play with your necklace, trying to fight yet another wave of nausea. You look down at Steve's wedding ring on the golden chain. He never took his ring on any of his missions, which bothered you at first.

**

"What if some HYRDA woman comes onto you?" You had argued back, "How is she supposed to know you're taken?"

Steve had laughed, "I don't think that'll happ—"

"Have you seen yourself recently? Ever? What do you mean 'that won't happen'?" So maybe you had been a bit crazy over him not taking the ring, but you had felt a bit insecure with him so far away at times.

"I promise it will be fine. Plus, what if I broke it?" You hadn't thought of that. "Or lost it. It's safer here with my girl."

"Your wife," you had said still a tinge annoyed.

**

You laugh at the memory, twirling the ring around your index finger.

Suddenly your phone lights up. *Steven would like FaceTime* You slide the green bar over, and he pops up on your screen.

"Hey you," you look at yourself in the smaller box on the screen. You don't look too hot.

"Hey how's it holding up?" he asks.

"I'm good," you lie, "Do you have a cut on your forehead?" you squint at the screen.

"It won't scar," he says defensively.

"I don't care about that," you roll your eyes, "You're safe, right?"

"As safe as I can be," he grins back at you. "I can't wait to be back home with you."

"There's so much room in the bed without you..." you tease.

"Is that so?"

"Mhm... so much room. You can't even imagine."

"I'll just have to sleep pressed up against—"

"There is a time and place for everything and right now is not that time." Sam chimes in from somewhere in the room.

"Wait Sam's in the room with you?" You feel your cheeks heat up. You know exactly where that conversation was leading.

"I thought he was sleeping," he shrugs.

"Steven Grant Rogers," you laugh, "I have corrupted you."

He chuckles. "Have you?" his voice is husky again.