Chapter 3

Ross' POV:
After Maia and I's very long hug, everyone went into the other room. Once they were gone, Laura grabbed a Tupperware bowl from her bag, which had some food in it. She then handed it to me, along with a plastic fork, and said, "I dropped by my house on the way here. These are my moms famous chicken and dumplings. They're what I eat when I get sick." I smiled and thanked her. Then she reached for the remote and turned on the TV. She was looking through the menu, and then she smiled, "Vampire Diaries marathon today!" I didn't want to let her down, so I grinned and nodded my head yes and saying, "Anything you want!" She presses the button, and the Vampire Diaries turn on. She walks over to one of the chairs and sits down. "Get over here!" I wave her over sitting up so there's more room. She smiles and sits down where my mom was sitting. I lay back down on her lap. I start eating the chicken and dumplings, and they're... AMAZING!!! I tell laura. She grins, "I'm glad you like them." We keep watching Vampire Diaries. Well laura does, I watch laura. I start to think about how I flirt with pretty much every girl I meet, but there's only one that I really like. I just hope she doesn't think that she's just another girl. Because she isn't. LAURA is special. Just then, she brings me be back up to reality. I guess that the show ended. She said something about it leaving her hanging. I laugh and pat her hand, reminding her that there's a marathon on. She smiles and grabs my hand. And then I start to drift off. I dream about Laura. In my dream, I had finally gotten the guts I ask laura out, but she declined. I was devastated. I ran home, locked myself in my room, and started balling my eyes out. Then somebody started shaking me. I woke up to find laura trying to wake me up. "Ross, You're crying! Were you having a nightmare?" Laura stars into my eyes. "Oh it was nothing," I brush it off. She gives me a look that tells me se knows I'm lying. "I promise!" I lie. "Okaaay, anyway, I should be heading home," Laura explains. "Stay!!! Spend the night with Rydel!!!" I plead. "I wish I could. But then I won't have any pajamas or clothes for tomorrow," she frowns. "Rydel will let you borrow some! I'm sure she won't mind!" I assure her. "He's right! I don't mind!" Rydel pops out of nowhere. "Have you been spying on us?" Laura accuses, grinning. "Mayyybe... Anyway, you have to stay over tonight!!!" Rydel giggled. "Okay, I guess I'm staying. But I have to ask my mom first. I'll be right back!" Laura smiles, getting out her flipphone. I roll my eyes at her, and she notices, slapping my arm playfully and walking away. "Laura's staying over?" Ratliff comes into the room, with Kelly on his arm. I nod eagerly. "That's great! So is Kelly!" Ratliff hugs Kelly. Rydel makes a sour face. Kelly asks Rydel what's wrong, and she says she just doesn't feel good, but I know something isn't right. I brush it off as my overprotective brother coming out. Laura comes back in the living room, her flipphone still as her ear, and says that her mom is making Vanessa come over if she stays, and asks if that's ok. Riker pops into the room and says that it would be perfect. She tells her mom that it's ok, and that she loved her, and then hung up. "So Riker... You excited about Vanessa coming?" Rydel giggles. "What? No!" Riker says in a high voice. "Aww my big bwother got a cwushy wushy!" Rydel pinches his cheeks. Riker removes her hands and hugs her. Then the doorbell rings. Laura goes to get it. Then her and vanessa walk back in, a giant bag in Vanessa's arms. "Rydel, I won't have to borrow clothes anymore. Vanessa brought me some," Laura tells her. "Okay," Rydel smiles. "That reminds me, I forgot extra clothes. I'll go home and get some and be right back," Kelly grabs her keys. "Don't be ridiculous, Rydel will let you borrow some!" Ratliff smiles, "Right delly?" Rydel just nods her head. Then mom walks out and tells everyone to put on their pajamas and go to the backyard. Apparently, we were having a camp out. Well everyone but mom and dad. We did as we were told. Once everyone was in the backyard, Riker asked what we wanted to do, and everyone yelled 'Truth or Dare'.