Chapter 12

Rydels POV:
Ratliff just walked into my room. I guess it's now or never. "Ell, I need to tell you something," I start. He just looks at me, a confused look on his face. "I've wanted to tell you for a while, but I never could," I continue. "Rydel, what are you trying to say?" He puts his hand on my shoulder. I look into his eyes and say, "I, I like you Ratliff..." Ratliff's POV:
"W, what?" I stutter, removing my hand from her shoulder. "I have for a while, I could just never tell you. I mean you had Kelly and we were like siblings!" She sits on her bed and a tear falls down her cheek. I sit next to her and wipe the tear away and say, "I like you too Delly!" She looks up at me with hopeful eyes. "But you're right. I have Kelly, and I don't know what I'm going to do," I finish. She looks back down. I lean in to kiss her but stop myself, remembering Kelly. And I realize that dells deserves a first kiss that is special and not with someone who doesn't know who to pick. I stand up and look down at her, "I love you Dells! I don't know if it's like a sibling love or more. But I do know that I love you." I walk out.
Rydels POV:
I'm so stupid. I can't believe I did that. I should've known better. Now our friendship is going to be ruined. And I can only imagine what my brothers are going to do. They didn't even like the guy I was pretending to like in the pass me by video, just imagine what they're going to do to Ratliff when they find out about this. I'm pretty sure they all already know I like him.
Vanessa's POV:
Ratliff just came back out, and a few seconds later Rydel did too. I noticed that they both looked upset. "Um, del, are you ok?" I ask. She looks over at Ratliff for a second then nods her head no. I see that Riker notices too and so does rocky. "Dell, Ratliff, could you guys come with me to the kitchen? You too rocky!" Riker says. I stand up and try to go with him, but he tells me to stay. I scoot over next to laura and ask her if she knows what's going on and she just shrugs. "Actually, can Ross and Ryland come too?!?" Rocky says. Ross and Ryland got up and headed with them toward the kitchen. Maia then says she better go and to tell the others she left. We wave bye and then start talking about what they could be saying in there.
Rikers POV: "Spill it!" I look at Ratliff and Rydel. Rydel begins to open her mouth but closes it. "It was nothing!" Ell says. "Look guys. We all know you like eachother. If something happened in that room that's going to affect this band you're going to tell us right now," rocky looks at both of them. "I told him I liked him! Okay are you happy?!? He doesn't feel the same way. You're wrong!" Rydel runs out of the room.
Rydels POV:
I run to the girls, noticing Maia's gone, and spill out what just happened, bursting into tears while I do.
Ross's POV:
I walk over to ell, who was just about to run after Rydel, and grab his wrist. "You hurt our sister?!?" I stare at him. "What?!? No!!! I didn't mean to!!! She took it the wrong way!!! I don't know how I feel!!!" He babbles. Ryland walks over and makes me let go of him. "Ratliff what happened. I want to make sure you're right because if your not we will hurt you!" I looks at him. "Guys let me explain!" Ell holds up his hands.
Ratliff's POV:
I told them exactly what happened. I didn't think it was that bad, and they deserved to know the truth. "I really do love her. I just don't know how. And what am I supposed to do about Kelly? We've been going out for years," I finish. "I guess you're right. But I don't know how this will affect the band. I mean it'll be so awkward," Riker puts his hand on my shoulder. "You need to fix this!" Ross stares at me. "She really likes you Ell!" Ryland adds. Then rocky mumbles something, I couldn't hear what. I decide to let it go and go talk to Rydel.
Rockys POV:
When they were talking about how Rydel likes ratliff, I accidentally slipped up and said like I liked Kelly. I don't think anyone noticed.
Rylands POV:
Did I just hear that right?!? Ratliff just left and I decided to ask rocky in front of the other guys. "You like Kelly?!?" I ask, whisper yelling.
Rocky's POV:
Uh oh! "Ummm, no!" I lie. They all stare at me. "Fine yes! But you can't tell anybody. Especially ell or kell!!!" I plead. "Of course, by the way I think you guys would be a great couple!" Ross pats my back. Then ryland and Riker do the same and walk out. I stay in the kitchen, thinking about what ross had just said.
Rydels POV;
Ratliff had walked out first and then all of the other guys. "Ummm, Delly, can I please talk to you?" Ell asks. I hesitate but agree. He walks back into the kitchen. I look back at laura and Vanessa, looking for some encouragement. They wave me along and I go into the kitchen, holding my breath.