chapter one.

"Jenna! Please stop!" I squealed. She groaned, rolling her eyes before slapping me again.
"You scrawny piece of shit, where's my money for this week huh? Oh yeah, you don't have it because you thought it would be a good idea to take a few days off! Why's that you ass?"
"I-It wasn't my fault, my boss told me I-I couldn't work this week J-Jenna, I'm really sorry." I sat in the corner, my knees tightly pulled to my chest, I was frightened, I was always frightened of Jenna, but I was always to embarrassed to tell anyone.

I winced at the memory, it was only a month ago that, that happened. I forgot I was even having a conversation with Josh I was so deep in thought, "What? Sorry..." I said focusing my attention back to him.
"Why did you and Jenna break up?" He spoke calmly, his hand rested on my shoulder. I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want him to know that I would let Jenna abuse me.
"I-I guess it just didn't work out, I don't really know.." My voice trailed off, I looked down at my English assignment to avoid eye contact with Josh.
"Oh, Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me squeezing my shoulder gently.
"I think I'm fine, trust me, but I'll let you know if I need to." I smiled up at his freshly dyed pink hair.
Our waitress finally made her way over to us after fifteen minutes, I was honestly thinking about just leaving. She rushed towards us adjusting her apron placing some place mats and silverware in front of each of us.
"Hi guys, sorry for the wait, we were having some trouble in the kitchen.. but anyways, I'm Kaitlyn and I'll be helping you two out today, have you guys had a chance to look at the menu yet?" She asked glancing over each of us.
"Oh, no sorry, we'll need a minute." Josh spoke for us. He grabbed two menu's from behind the condiments, and handed one to me.
"No worries, can I get you guys a drink?" She asked softly grabbing out a pen from the front pocket of her apron.
"Yes, I'll have water." Josh smiled up at her. Then they both looked at me waiting for me to speak.
"I-I'll have water please." I spoke quietly, quickly cringing at myself. I could have done better. Josh gave me a reassuring smile before turning back to our waitress Kaitlyn.
She was young, clearly in highschool, I think Josh is planning on getting her number. "Dude, five bucks if you get her number before we leave." I chuckled reaching my hand out almost sure he would bet me on it.
"Why? Was it that obvious? Oh geez.." He groaned throwing his head back.
"Yes, but I think she likes you dude, I bet she would love to give you her number, just ask when she comes back." I said shaking my hand attempting to get him to shake it.
"Fine." He laughed shaking my hand.

"Here's your drinks, are you guys ready to order?"She questioned hopefully.
"Yeah, yeah." Josh sighed.
"You sure? can give you a couple more minutes, to look over the menu."
"No, It's fine, I'll have a small salad." Josh looked over at me, waiting for me to order.
"I'll have the same thing." I smiled faintly at her.
"Anything else?" She questioned before she could walk off.
"Actually, if it wouldn't be a problem, I was wondering if I could get your number?" Josh stated, looking hopeful.
"We'll have to see about that" She winked before walking off.
"She's going to give you her number dude!" I squeaked, happy for Josh obviously.

"Maybe, maybe, I don't know probably not." Josh sighed, I swear he never believes in himself, but I don't either to be honest.
"Josh, she will I promise." I said passing him my finished homework to copy.
"Don't make a promise you can't keep." he picked up his pencil and continued to copy my notes.
I decided to leave it at that I don't know why he was so upset, like it seemed pretty obvious she is going to give him her number. But I didn't want to start arguing with him over something stupid just because some random girl may or may not be giving him her number, it isn't that big of a deal.
She came back to our table not long after and gave us our salads. We thanked her and continued to eat and do our homework. Josh was clearly still upset, for no reason might I add.
When Kaitlyn walked back by Josh quickly asked for her before she got to far.
"Yes?" She asked breathing heavily from walking back and forth.
"Sorry, we're ready for our bill when you have a chance." Josh smiled at her weakly.
"Yes, of course, it will be a few minutes though sorry." She rushed away before Josh could say anything else to her.
She brought the bill to our table."Thank you." Josh politely smiled at her.
There was a small paper stapled to the back of the bill. Before I had a chance Josh ripped it off the bill, a smile spread across his face.
"Its her number! Five dollars!?" He reached his hand out.
"Did we shake on it?" I chuckled slapping his hand.
He winced and rolled his eyes. I ended up reaching in my pocket for the money anyways.

Josh slammed down on my couch creating a loud bang throughout the thin walls of my house. He quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and saved Kaitlyn's number into his phone.
"Do I text her now?" He asked, his thumbs spinning around the bottom of his phone, hesitant to send a text.
"Yes, you do." I smirked over at him, even though he didn't notice. I sat down in the recliner in my living room and out the TV on whatever seemed interesting. Although today was pretty good, I still thought about Jenna, I slightly missed the comfort of having her around. Who knew loving could hurt this good?

___________

(A/N)

This could probably use a lot of improvement.. Oh well.

Feedback is always appreciated, tysm!

6.24.16