The bad boy proposed to me?!?

A year later.

I pulled up to our condo by the beach with a car filled with groceries. I looked around to make sure none of Garrett's men were near. The coast was clear. I got out of my car and carried a few groceries up the stairs to the third floor.

Ever since I found out that Garrett was in town, I've been extra cautious with my surroundings. River assured me that he wouldn't recognize me since he never really saw my face but, still. The boys can't go out because if they get recognized, we all go down.

I'm starting to get tired of living in fear of possibly getting kidnapped. River has started to take action in trying to get the money together to pay Garrett the money back. He better do it soon.

I took out my keys from my side purse, out of breath. This is why I don't go to the gym, I already get a lifetime of cardio by just walking up these steps.

I unlocked the door and put the groceries on the kitchen counter. "Guys, come help with the groceries." I yelled.

Andrew and Brandon ran towards the door. "I'm going to beat you this time!" Brandon yelled. "You'll never beat me!" Andrew yelled back. I laughed. They're stupid.

Aiden came out of his room walking towards the door lazily. He looked as if he just woke up. He was shirtless and in basketball shorts. I rolled my eyes. It seems like he doesn't own a shirt, he's never wearing one now, ever since Garrett came to town.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked as I walked out the door next to him to go get more groceries. He looked over at me. "Yes, there's nothing to do." He said. I patted him on the back. "Hang in there, bud. He'll be gone soon." He nodded.

We were almost to the car when a small pug came running towards us. "Aww, look! It's a pug." I said smiling in joy as I picked it up. "I wonder who it belongs to." Aiden said as he looked at the tag on it's collar. It was too cute to be true.

"Paisley." Aiden said. The pug turned its head towards him. What a cute name for an adorable little dog! Aiden began petting it as he began dialing the number on its collar.

"Paisley! Where are you? Come here girl!" A feminine voice yelled. I turned around to see a girl about my size walking towards us with a worried expression. She was beautiful to say the least. She looked like a nice girl. She had black hair, blue eyes, and was wearing a pink Sunday dress with white sandals.

Her eyes lit up as soon as she saw the pug I was holding. I was low key hoping the owner would never show up so I could keep it.

"Paisley!" She said smiling as she walked towards us. She had pearly white teeth. How is it possible for your teeth to be that white and that straight?

"Thank you so much for finding her! I was worried sick. I opened my front door and she ran off." she said as she giggled. "No problem, she's a really cute dog." I said as I handed paisley to her. "Aww, thank you so mu-" She stopped mid sentence as she locked eyes with Aiden. Oh boy.

She looked down as she smiled, as did Aiden. "I gotta go get the groceries. I'll leave you two here. It was nice meeting you.." I said. "Dylan." She said. "Right. Once again, what a cute dog. I have a brother and a teenage boy who would love to play with it. If she ever feels lonely, feel free to stop by."

"Of course! It was nice meeting you too. Thank you." Dylan said smiling. She had a slight tint of pink on her cheeks now.

I walked by Aiden. "You're welcome. I got the conversation started. Go get her, tiger." I whispered in his ear. He chuckled.

I left them as I began walking to my car. Before I could get to it, I felt a hand wrap around my waist. I smiled and turned around. I looked up at River and smiled. "I haven't seen you in forever buttercup." He said kissing me on the lips.

I laughed. "It's been forever, alright. A whole hour." He kissed me on the lips again and began kissing me down my neck as I giggled. He chuckled.

"Get a ROOM!" Andrew yelled passing us by with Brandon, carrying the groceries. I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks. Andrew winked at River and River winked back. I wonder what that was about.

As soon as they left, River pecked me once again on the lips. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers. He looked at me in the eyes. "I gotta show you something." He said. "Okay, what is it?" I asked. "It's a surprise." He said.

River led me to his new car and opened the door for me. "Riv, you're not supposed to go out while Garett is in town." "Fuck Garrett. It's important." He said smiling. I chuckled. "We better not be going to a public place. "Trust me, we're not."

We pulled up to the beach. "Okay, darling. Get ready to have your socks blown off." River said getting out of the car. He walked over to my door and helped me out. "I'm wearing sandals." I said. "Crap."

He lead me to a secluded spot by the beach. "Remember the spot?" I looked around. Everything seemed familiar but unfamiliar at the same time. I shook my head, smiling up at him. He smiled back.

"This is the place where we slow danced together for hours during the wedding. This is also the place where I realized that I loved you. I know it was too soon at the time. We had only been dating for a couple of days. I didn't know if it was for real at the time but, now I know that the feeling was real. It never left me, even after a year of dating. I never stopped loving you, and I never will." I smiled really wide, looking down to the sand.

"So, I've been thinking." He said. I looked up to see him looking nervous.

"About what?" I asked. He looked me in the eyes and said "Us, you , our future."

"Oh.." I said as I nervously smiled. I hope he's not breaking up with me. I swallowed.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black small box. My heart skipped a beat and instantly, I knew what it was. Tears began to form in my eyes. I put my hand over my mouth.

River kneeled down on one knee. I've never seen him this nervous in my life.

"Natalie, e-ever since the day we ran away together, I knew that you were the one for me. No wait, ever since the day you spoke your first word to me, I knew I wanted to marry you. You have always been so beautiful in my eyes and I can't imagine spending my life with anybody else. Every time I'm around you, I get this feeling. My heart skips a beat. It's like it's telling me to marry you already. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Natalie, and only you. I want to grow old with you and one day lay in bed with you and say 'we made it' after a long day of taking care of our children. I want to come home from work to see your beautiful face right there waiting for me. Natalie, I love you and I only want you forever and always."

"Natalie, will you marry me?" River asked smiling.

Oh my god. I was shaking. I couldn't believe what was happening. Isn't it too soon? Oh man. It's never too soon. I only want him too.

"Yes." I said as I nervously laughed. By this point I had tears running down my face.

He smiled super big like never before as he put the ring on my finger. It was beautiful. "I love you too." I said.