Running from the cops?!?

Edited.

We've been walking for the past fifteen minutes in the shadows. This is just great, the cops are after us and I'm tired. "River, how much longer? I'm tired!" I said. "Be patient, about five more minutes. We're almost there." River said as we walked through an alley.

 I had Brandon by my side the whole time, not trusting the part of town we are in right now. Even though I have three very built guys by my side, I'm still worried about Brandon. You can call me crazy all you want but my protective side is coming out.

We finally made it to the bus station. It was brightly lit and there were only a few people there. It was pretty big for a bus station. We walked up to the booth were they sell the tickets. I noticed that they had Justin Timberlake suit and tie on in the background. That's a good song. It's pretty catchy. 

 "We need five tickets to California."  River said to the guy selling the tickets. The guy typed something into the computer. "$250" he said. Where are we anyways? I looked around and saw a sign that said Oklahoma. I've never been here before. The bus doesn't come free apparently. 

I couldn't let River pay for everything. Can I? No I can't, I have manners, right? "I'll pay for Brandon and I's." I told River as he started pulling out three $100 bills out of his wallet. 

"No, you won't, I'll pay Princess" he said in a stern voice. "No, it's okay, I'll pay." I said back. "No, you won't." He said. "Yes, I will. " I smiled, starting to get slightly pissed off. River walked up to me. He got close, really close. 

He leaned forward and whispered in my ear "No, I'll pay princess, think of it as an apology for getting you into this mess. Also, as a payment to being so beautiful." he said as he licked his lips. I felt shivers run down my spine. Holy crap. 

Who does he think he is? Does he really think he has some kind of control over me? Well, actually he does. "O-okay." I said as he pulled back. River smirked and walked up to the guy to pay.

"How much longer till the bus is here?" I asked "Twenty minutes" Andrew said as he looked down at his watch. "Agh, that's toooooooo long!" I groaned as I slouched back in my chair. We've been waiting for two freaking hours. Two hours! 

"Be patient, you sound like a ten year old. Even Brandon isn't whining and he's seven! Look at him!" Andrew yelled at me. I looked over at Brandon who was sitting next to me and saw he was coloring in a picture of Power Rangers. It was sloppy. He was coloring outside the lines but it was still a good picture. No wonder he's been so quiet.

 I have been whining for the past hour. I understand why he is getting frustrated but, he doesn't have to be so mean about it and compare me to my brother! "Okay, fine. I'm sorry" I apologized. Andrew sighed and said "Thank you".  Aiden was laughing at our argument, well Andrews burst out. River was looking down at his magazine trying not to laugh. Haha, like it was that funny.

"Bus number 365 is here." The voice in the intercom rang through the deserted station. We all got up and I helped Brandon pack up all of his things into his backpack. He was the only one who brought his backpack. Everybody else's stuff was in the car. This is just great. Well, it wasn't even his clothes. It was just his toys.

"Brandon, this is our seat" I said as we walked up to our seat numbers. "I want to sit with Andrew and Aiden!" Brandon said. This is great, my brother doesn't even want to sit with me anymore. I feel kind of sad that he wants to sit with them instead of me but I'll be strong and take it like a man. 

"Andrew is it okay if Brandon sits with y'all? He wants to sit ...there" I said trying not to cry. "Sure, him ad River can trade seats." Aiden said. Oh crackers. I thought I would get the seat to myself! Well, there goes the precious leg room. I saw River smirk and get up from his seat across from me and walk towards me. "Don't worry Princess. We'll have fun" River said as he winked at me and sat down.

"River, can you scoot over please?" I asked for the third time since we've been on the bus. "Aww, I thought you wanted me, Princess. Judging by the little incident we had at the motel." he said as he fake pouted. I glared at him, remembering the incident. He chuckled.

River scooted away from me as I sighed in relief. I looked out the window and started to try to count the trees we were passing by. "I'm bored. Can we play a game?" River asked. "No" I responded flatly. "Please?" He asked. "No" I responded again. "Pwweeaasseee!!" He asked again. 

"River, I'm only going to say this once, and only one time with as much stress as possible....NO!" I yelled the last part. Earning a 'shhh' from the lady behind us. That hit the last nerve. I have been taking a lot of crap from River this entire ride and I haven't had much sleep or food. 

I turned around "Look lady, I'm really stressed right now and I don't need your opinion right now. Why don't you keep your 'shhh' to yourself? You're not quiet yourself. Let's not act like I couldn't hear you snore the entire ride! So unless you want to get pimp slapped I suggest you shut up." With that, I turned around. 

I'm usually not this rude but, things change. I sighed and looked at River. He had a surprised look on his face. I smirked "Now River, don't mess with me or else you will be next." River gulped and nodded. That earned a snicker from Aiden. River turned and glared at him.

"River" I said as I poked him in the nose. He was currently sleeping and had drool coming out of the side of his mouth. I would take a photo, if I had a camera. "River" I said again. He snorted and I laughed.

 "River" I tickled him under his nose. He scrunched his nose and wiped it with the back of his hand. I giggled. "River" I whisper shouted in his ear. He sure does sleep through anything. Except his phone. I shuddered thinking of that awkward memory.

"River!" I shouted in his ear. River jolted up from his seat and looked around with wide eyes. I laughed historically. "What the heck?" he asked me. "It's 1:00am." He stated looking at the time.

 "What do you want?" He asked me rubbing his eyes. He looked around and I copied his moves. Everybody else was sleeping. Now I feel bad for waking him up. It's his fault. He was bothering me all day which caused me to yell at that poor lady. I feel really guilty about it now.

"Well, I can't sleep" I said. "Why?" he asked settling back into his seat. "Well you see, this is the first night I have slept without Brandon in days and I feel alone." I said slyly. River chuckled. 

"Hey, it's not funny" I said looking out the window, feeling embarrassed. I felt River take my chin and turn me towards him. He looked deeply into my eyes and said. "Don't worry Princess, you don't have to be embarrassed with me, you can tell me anything" he said emphasizing anything.

 I nodded and he continued. "You can sleep with me, we can be cuddle buddies." he said smiling at me. I chuckled and nodded at his cuteness. He grabbed me by the shoulders and pressed me against his chest so my top half was on top of his chest and he had his arms wrapped around me. 

I instantly got butterflies in my stomach and I felt tingles everywhere. What is this stupid feeling? Maybe it's the weather. I felt very comfortable in his arms and safe. River kissed me at the top of my head and I smiled. After about two minutes I drifted off into peaceful sleep.