Chapter 9: Job Issues.

Ramadan Mubarak To All My Muslims & Non-Muslim Readers! :)

***

*Job Issues.*

-----------------------------------------------------------

-Maryam-

"Assalam-o-Alaikum." I greet everyone with a smile as I step in the dining room. They return their smile and give their Salam as well. I sit next to Dad and get a gentle pat on my head from him.

"How are you feeling today?" Dad asked me gently. I smile and take a bite of my food. 

"I am fine now Dad. You don't have to worry about me." I told him and get a fake angry look from him.

"I know, but you are my daughter and it is my right to make sure you are safe." Dad shrugged and eat his breakfast. I shake my head with a small smile at his care for me.

It has been almost 2 weeks to that incident and I am all fine and ready to continue my job. In these two weeks, Misha visit me almost every day when she was going to her office or when she was going home. Sometimes, she takes me to baby shopping with Salma Aunty, Mom and Saim Mom. Salma Aunty is excited for the baby that she would buy everything she saw in store if Misha and I didn't stop her. I am happy to see them excited for the baby. Misha and I are sure that they all are going to spoil the baby with everything. 

"When you have to leave for Fatima house?" Mom asked me to snapping me out of my thoughts. I shrugged and take another bite from my plate.

"In about an hour." I smiled slightly thinking about how much I miss teaching her. Since that incident, Misha has told me to rest as it was Shehryaar order. It hurt slightly when Shehryaar didn't say it directly to me and I don't even know why. Since that day Fatima called me everyday and asked about my health. I don't know why they all are asking. It is not something serious. I was just unconscious because of that sudden attack and some marks on my neck. Beside that I was okay.

"You are not going anywhere. Quit your job. You don't have to teach someone for money. You have enough money to buy whatever you want." Dad told me with a glare. I look at him, surprised but shake my head. 

"But Dad, this is what I always want to do. I want to teach others. I am not doing it for money, but I am doing it because I like it. Please Dad, don't say no." I begged him when he shake his head and was about to stand up, but I held his hand to make him sit down again. "Please." I make my eyes water and look at him with a broken look because I know it will work whenever he told me not to teach.

"Okay, fine. But after this you are not going to continue it. Promise me." I look at him, shocked at his serious face. 

"But Dad-" I was cut it off when he stood up and walk away leaving me confused. I look at Mom and she give me a reassuring look. I went back to eating, but I wasn't hungry anymore and I push the food in my plate before standing up and taking with back in the kitchen. I put my plate on the counter and shrugged when maid look at me with a confused look. I went back in my room and message Fatima to tell her that I will be there soon.

After taking a quick shower and changing my clothes. I was ready to go. I step in my heels and grabbed my bag and phone. I take my last look in the mirror and walk toward the door to go out. As I open it, I bumped into someone. I look up and saw Saim. I sigh and walk past him to go down. 

"Wait Maryam."

"What you want now Saim?" I asked as I pull out my phone from my jeans pocket when I feel it buzzing. I smiled when I saw Waniya text asking me how I am. Misha told Waniya about what happened and Waniya called me immediately to check on me. After that call, she messaged me almost every day to ask how I am doing.