Chapter 20: Letting Her Go.

*Letting Her Go*
--------------------------

-Shehryaar-

I sigh and looked at the card in front of me. I don't know what to do or to say. I know this would happen, but I didn’t expect it to be this soon. I don’t even understand that how could he do this when he tell us something else. I looked up at my friends and saw them looking at me with a curious look. I raised my eyebrow at them and looked at Misha when she something before me.

"Are you going to do anything or not?" She asked me with an annoyed looked. I shrugged and look down at my hands that were resting on my laps.

"I don’t know. I mean, I am not ready for this to happen. I can't understand why could he agree to it when he love someone else." I told them and looked up to their confused faces.

I rolled my eyes and tell them everything Saim tell Maryam and me on that vacation. I get surprised looks from Misha, Hassan and Zaheer while Rayyan gives me a blank look which tell me that he is thinking about something.

"Didn’t she tell you why all this happening?" Hassan asked Misha and we all looked at us.

She shakes her head and tell us how Maryam father call her and tell her about her engagement that was held this weekend. When Misha went to Maryam house, she got a card from Maryam mother and she tells her that Maryam wasn't at home. She thinks that something is not right and she can't contact Maryam. Her cell phone is off.

"So, what we do now?" Zaheer asked looking at everyone. I shrugged and leaned back on the single couch where I am sitting.

"Nothing. I think we should let it go. This is her life and let her do what she wants. We are not her family to tell her what she should do." As much as I get hurt when I say that I couldn’t do anything in this. I know they will be mad at me, but if Allah wants it, then there will be a reason behind it.

"Are you serious about letting her go?" Rayyan asked me after a few minutes of silence. I nodded and sigh when Zaheer and Hassan looked at me disbelieve.

"Okay then, I am with you in this." He looked at Misha when she glared at him. She was about to say something, but stop when Rayyan gives her a look and stood up to walk away with Misha behind him.

"I don’t know if you are doing this right or wrong, but as long as you are happy we are happy." I looked at my friends and smile slightly.

"I think we should go. It is late now." Hassan suggest as they both stood up from the couch. We bid our goodbyes and I walk them to the front door.

When they both were gone, I walk back inside to go in the backyard through the backdoor. As I step in the back yard, I saw Misha and Rayyan sitting peacefully on the steps. I hate to interrupt them, but it is time for them to get back home and get some rest. I clear my throats to get their attention and they turned around to face me.

"I think you should go home. It is late and she should take some rest." They looked at each other before nodding. Misha gives me a small, sad smile before walking past me. I looked up and saw Rayyan coming toward me.

"I will see you tomorrow in the office. Don't take stress about all that. If you both meant to be together, then you both will be." His smile at me confidently and patted my shoulder before walking away. I sigh and looked up at the stars filled sky. 

'I love you Maryam' I whisper, closing my eyes and wished that maybe I could say that before all this then maybe I had a chance to see if she actually feel something for me or not. Misha and Waniya give me hints about Maryam love for me, but I never take them seriously because I don’t really think that they were telling me the truth. Or maybe I was scared to confess my feelings for her.
I just pray that Maryam will be happy in her life and get what she deserve even if it mean not me in her life.