Chapter 22: Fatima Birthday & Meeting New People.

*Fatima Birthday & Meeting New People*

-------------------------------------------------

-Shehryaar-

"Are you sure you are ready for this?" Rayyan asked me as I get ready for the party. I nodded without looking at him and button my shirt. When I finished, I turned around and pick up my jacket from the bed and shrugged it on.

"I don't think you actually want this because if you do then you would agree to it earlier." Hassan stated as he continues to spin on my rolling chair by my desk. I sigh and spray some perfume before finally looking at them since they come here few hours ago.

"Honestly, I don't know what I want, but if will this make my parents happy then I am going to do it." I told them. They look at each other before looking at me with a small smile.

"So, you are doing this for your parents? Not for yourself?" Aashir asked with a smirk. I shake my head and walk out without giving his answer. They follow me downstairs in the living room where Mom, Dad was talking to Rayyan parents, other parents and Misha Dad.

I smile at everyone and open my mouth to greet everyone but stop when we heard the door bell ring. I freeze on my place as I saw my parents smiling at each other then at me when they notice me. I swallow lightly and give them a small smile as they walk past me. I mentally groaned for not preparing for all this. I turned around and ignore my friends giving me a curious look before going out. I heard voices coming from the front when I walk upstairs to the room where I know was the person for whom we held this little function.

I knock on the door and wait for an answer. With a smile, I walk in the room and saw Fatima ready for the function. Today is the big day for her. I looked at her up and down and saw my baby sister grown up. I walk toward her and smile with watery eyes. She smiles slightly and take few steps forward to hug me. I gently hug her back and try not to break down for missing her childhood. Today is an important day for her.

Today is her 19 birthday that she is going to celebrate with her real family after a long time. She didn't want anything from us but a small dinner with some close family members and friends that is why we decide to held this small get together. She invite her friend who she lived with before Rayyan Mom take her in their house. I still feel bad for not recognizing her before when she look like Mom. I know it hurt her but she still keep telling us that it wasn't our mistake that she went through all that. My thoughts were broken when a hand come on my shoulder. I looked back and saw Rayyan looking at us with a small smile.

"Your Mom is calling you downstairs." He smiled and patted Fatima head before we all walk out. We get downstairs where everyone is. I looked at the peoples who are standing to my parents and nodded my head in greeting. I walk with Fatima in center of the room where the cake was set on the small table and stand beside her.

Our parents walk over and stand on other side of her and smile softly at her. I handed her knife and watch as she look around and smile softly at everyone before blowing the candles. As she cut the cake Hassan and Zaheer pop the party poppers making her smile more. She held the cake piece up for Mom and Dad before turning toward me. I smile and take a small bite before giving her as well. I give her a side hug and let her give everyone a bite of a cake.

After that we all move to back yard where Mom set dinner. I look around and saw as everyone get their places. Dad motioned me to sit next to the man who is our special guest. I sigh and was about to walk, but stop when I saw Zayan going to Fatima to take a seat next to her. I quickly walk over and sit before him, much to his disappointment, but I didn't move. I know it was wrong, but I care about my sister before anyone else. I know he likes Fatima and I am not saying that he is not a good guy, he is but that doesn't mean that I could let him come near her.

"Dad, you didn't introduce us to our guest." Fatima says as we started dinner. My hand stop midway and I looked up at Mom and Dad to see them looking at each other. Fatima had no idea who are they and why they are here.

"Yes, sorry. They are our friends and their daughter Rimsha." The older man and women smiled with a nod as we all greet them and the girl next to them nodded. She looks down and start eating her food again. Dad already told me about them and their kids. They had one daughter and 2 sons who are away on world tour.

When dinner was done, we all moved back into the living room with dessert and saw as Fatima open gifts with her friend from her school. She gets perfumes, dresses, bag and jewellery. She just looks like a little girl with the excited smile on her face. I always want to see this side of her because she barely shows it and she looks cute.

"Shehry why don't you go with Rimsha in terrace and get to know more about her?" Dad tried to make an excuse for us to be alone. I nodded without arguing because I know this is what they want and they will be happy with my decision.

"Yes, Dad." Rimsha and I stood up and walk upstairs in terrace. I open sliding doors for her and step out after her. We walk toward the railing from where we could see the whole backyard. I looked down and saw my friends, Fatima and her friends sitting and playing cards.

"Would you like to sit?" She nodded and walk toward the small table that was on the other side of the terrace. I take my seat across her and notice how she look like. She looks beautiful with brown hairs and blue eyes, but not more then Maryam. I mentally shake my head as her picture come in my mind and focus on what is going on. I look down when I heard her sigh heavily.

"You love someone else?" Her question, give me a shock. I looked at her with wide eyes and saw her smiling at me.

"N-no. Why do you think about it?" I asked, breaking the eye contact with her.

"You are lying. It is easy to tell. I mean, the look on your face and that broken eye you have since we came here. You are thinking of someone else, aren't you." I look at her questioning look and nodded slightly with a sigh.

"Yeah, but it was one-sided and she is engaged now so I chose to let her do what she wants without telling her about my feelings. But now, I want to forget about her and start my life in a new way." I shrugged and look up in the sky to the shinning stars. I feel her nodding before she go silent.

"I guess our situation is same here. You know, if we love someone, then we should tell them about our feelings so soon as we can. I did the same as you and that is why I am here. I love someone but before I could tell him he got married and my parents want me to forget about him and spend my life with someone else." She explains. I smile slightly and shake my head at the same thing happen to her but she deserves more.

She deserves someone who could make her happy and I know I am not that someone.