Chapter 11: Something Is Wrong With Him.

*Something Is Wrong With Him* 

-------------------------------------------   

-Maryam-

"W-what happened to h-him?" I stuttered and look at Saim with watery eyes. He looks like someone badly beat him. I hate to see him like that. I hate everyone who is all beaten up. I just can't stand with those people who fight. 

"No one knows. Officers get him when he dial their number. We have to take him to the hospital and wait for him to wake up. I am not going to let those peoples go away this easily." Dad told me. I nodded slowly and walk up to Saim before kneeling in front of him. I feel my eyes watered more when I saw his face turning black with all the beating. He is my only friend from my childhood. He knows everything about me. I can't lose him. 

"Where is everyone? Did they know about it? When are you going to take him to hospital." I asked him worriedly and frowned when I didn't get any reply. I looked up and saw him looking at somewhere else. I follow his gaze and it was on the empty living room door. "Dad."

"Why were you with him?" Dad asked me suddenly. I look at him confused before remembering about Shehryaar. I look around and saw him gone. I feel pain of thinking him gone already. He didn't even wait to make sure that everything is fine.

"He drop me home. I was waiting for Saim and he came with his best friend and the husband of my friend to pick her up. So they suggest me to come with him because it is late and they didn't me to stay there and wait for Saim. Are you going to take him to hospital?" I asked him again after explaining why Shehryaar was here. He nodded and motion his guard to take him to van that we owned and drove away. I went with my Dad and asked him the questions he didn't answer. 

He tells me that Mom, Aunty and Safia were gone to visit Aunty's family and he didn't tell them because he don't want to worry them. He also tell me that officers bring him here instead of taking him to hospital because they know who he is and they don't want to risk anything so they bring him at home. When the hospital came, we all get out of our cars and take Saim inside in an emergency.

We wait outside while they clean him and check him. I look at my Dad and saw him broken. I know he promised Saim Dad to take care of his family. Dad and Uncle were like brothers and Dad was dead person when Uncle died. I can understand how much he is feeling guilty right now for not taking good care of Uncle's family but it wasn't his fault. I don't know if I should tell him or not. I don't think he noticed it before because if he did then he will surely find out how did this.

Since a week, Saim has been acting weird. Something is wrong with him. He spends most of his time out and he comes home late. He didn't talk or eat properly. He was always busy on his phone. In morning, I heard him shouting at someone on the phone when he barely gets angry. I never saw him that angry before and honestly, I was scared when he offered me to drop at the ice cream shop to meet Misha but I gently turned him down. I called him to pick me up thinking his anger will be cool down and he could tell me what happened because he always tell me if something is bothering him.

"Maryam." I looked up at Dad and saw him looking at me with a frowned. I raised my eyebrows in question making him sigh heavily. "Doctors say Saim is fine and is ready to go home."

"Okay." I nodded and stood up. We walk in the room where they keep him. I take a deep breath and walk inside. There Saim was lying on the bed with his eyes open, staring at the ceiling. He looked at us when he heard our footsteps. He smiled weakly at Dad then look at me with a blank look. I try not to get scared of his face that was covered with a bandage. I hate hospitals, I hate operations and I hate bandage.

"How are you feeling?" Dad asked him gently. He looks at Dad and smile slightly.

"I am fine now."

"Good. Do you know who did this to you?" Dad asked him again. I look at Dad and walk toward him.

"We can talk about this at home. He is not well right now. I think we should leave." I say stopping Dad to ask another question about it. Dad look at me with a weird look, but nodded and help Saim to stand. Dad has already signed the discharge papers and the guards buy the medicines that the doctor prescribed him.

When we get home, we saw the Mom car in the driveway. I look at Dad and saw him helping Saim. When we went inside, we go in the living room. When we step in, we saw Mom and Aunty there with a worried look. They look at us when Dad clear his throats to get their attention. Aunty look shocked when she Saim face. She step toward Saim when he sit on the couch and gently held his face in her soft hands.

"W-what happened?" She stuttered as a first pair of tear fall from her eyes. Dad sighs and started to explain, how someone beat Saim and he called cops before the officers bring him here. Dad tells them what doctors say and give her his medicines. 

"I want to go in my room." Saim says sleepily. Dad nodded and carefully takes him upstairs in his room. I bid my goodnight and also went upstairs in my room.

---------------------------------------

Update! I hope you like it and please let me know what you think about this chapter. I want to apologize for updating it late. I was sick and I didn't get any chance to come and update it. 

Next update will be of Destiny Brings Us Together and It will be update by tomorrow Insha-Allah. 

Thank you for supporting me. :)

-Maddy.!