Chapter 18: His Story.

*His Story*

--------------

Maryam and Shehryaar above. 

-Maryam-

"Dad." I run up to him and give him a hug making him laugh softly. When we pulled back, I sit next to him and saw my Mom shaking her head at us with a smile on her face. I tell Dad about the trip to the farmhouse and tell him how much we all enjoyed it there. This trip was the best trip in my life.

After telling him everything skipping the part of catching Saim, I went in my room to get some rest as Mom told me. I sigh heavily and fall back on my bed with my eyes closed and a smile on my lips as I think about everything happen in these past days. I am happy for a few reasons. First, I enjoyed a lot. Second, we had fun celebrating Shehryaar birthday and this was the first time I saw him happy in entire trip. Last, I know about Saim secret lover that he was hiding from everyone for 3 years.

At first, I was shocked, but when he tells me everything, how he meet her, how they started to talk and what problems they are facing right now. I am happy that my lonely childhood friend finds someone to spend his life with. I still remember how much he begged me to listen to him and help him out and how much I tease him and agreed to help him. We love to tease each other like we used to when we were little.

***

"Maryam." I ignored Saim again, he as he walk beside me on the beach where we saw Shehryaar friends taking him toward the water to throw him. That is what he gets for turning 25 as Zaheer say it. "You can't ignore me forever."

"I can try." I glared at him and stand next to Misha who was chuckling at Shehryaar scared face. The guys started to count before they swing Shehryaar and thrown him in the water.

"Let's sit." Alina says as she and Waniya place blankets on the ground for everyone and bring towels for the guys. An hour later, Shehryaar, Rayyan, Atif and Aashir get out of the water and dried their selves from towel before sitting next to their partners. I sit next to Alina and soon Saim sit with us and we started to play board games.

*

"I said I am sorry." I look at him, then down at the book I was reading. This was the 6 times he says sorry since morning. I know he was sorry, but I can't help it. We were best of friends when he live back with us before moving here. We used to tell everything to each other. I was there when they move here, I was there with him when his Dad died. I always tell him everything that happened with me when he left. In short, I tell him every single thing about my life, I didn't even hide that I feel something toward Shehryaar but he betrayed me. Before he moved here, we promise each other that no matter what, we will never keep secrets, but he did and now I feel betrayed.

"I don't want to talk now Saim. Leave me alone." I told him without looking up at his face. My head snapped up when the book was taken away from me. Saim look at me with a glare and my book in his hand.

"I don't care if you want to talk or not. I want to tell you everything and you have to listen to me." He says and sit in front of my on grassy ground. I sigh and looked away from his pleading face.

"Maryam, I know you are angry with me because I didn't tell you about Nadia but you have to understand I don't want to risk your life." I looked at him confused. He sighed and looked down. "I know you won't believe me, right now, but if you listen to me carefully then you will know why I am hiding this from everyone."

"Fine. Tell me." I sigh in defeat and looked at his hopeful eyes. He nodded and takes few deep breaths before starting to tell me about his story.