Chapter 29: Back In L.A.

Eid Mubarak to you and your family. Remember me in your prayers.

***

*Back In L.A*
-------------------------------
-Maryam-

I sigh and smile slightly as I walk out of the airport. I look around frowning before it changed into a full smile when I saw my Aunty who love me more than her own daughter Simra. I quickly walk toward her and laugh softly when she pulled me in her big hug and cooed softly in my ear. 

I look over her shoulder and saw my uncle looking at me with a smile. I smile back shakingly when I realise how much I miss them. My Aunty broke the hug and stand me in arm's length and look me up and down before finally looking in my eyes.

"You look so grown up. I hate that you all grown up so fast." She grumbles making me smile. Uncle shake his head at his wife and answer my Salam. 

"So, how it feels to be back at home?" Uncle asked me as we were on the road on our way to their home. I shrugged and look out. 

"I am happy to meet you all after a long time." I told them honestly and smile at them. They exchange a look and nodded slowly.

When we arrive at the house where, I grow up I feel my eyes teary but I blink it back and went with everyone inside. When we walk in the living room, I saw my grandparents looking at me with a smile. I quickly walk toward them and close my eyes as they wrapped their arms around me and think how much upset I was when they leave without saying good-bye. They leave a day before Saim sort everything out with his Mom and I was at the Misha house to see how she is doing. Rayyan makes sure to take more care of her because she is still careless about her health.

Back at home, everyone gets back to their daily routine after Saim and Nadia get properly married. Nadia brother tried to take her away, but Dad gets them arrested for what they do. Mom and Aunty planned to send Saim and Nadia on vacations for a month.  Safia is preparing for her final exams which is starting from next week and after that she will try to convince her Mom to let her work because she don't want to sit in the house doing nothing. Knowing Saim, he will double her pocket money instead of her doing job. 

"How long are you going to stay here?" My grand-dad asked me to pull me out of my thoughts. I shrugged and take a seat on couch with everyone. 

"Don't know yet. Maybe a month or two." I smiled when my Aunty claps happily and started to plan everything. She wants to do a big get together tomorrow inviting all our relatives.

"You look tired." My grandmother says when she saw me yawning. I shrugged and lightly rub my eyes.

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night." I feel bad for lying, but I couldn't tell them the truth.

I am not getting much sleep lately because of what happened a week ago. I didn't tell anyone about it but Simra. She understands everything and tell me to leave everything to Allah. If Allah wants us to be together, then nothing can change it. 

"You should go and get some rest." Simra Mom told me. I nodded with a tired smile and went upstairs in my old room. As I step inside, I smile slightly when I saw things exactly as I left. After changing and getting fresh, I sleep for few hours because I know I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight.

***

"Wake up." I groaned when I heard Simra yelling. I sat up and saw her sitting on the edge of the bed with a wide grin. She chuckles as I glare at her. 

"What you want?" I asked her as I stood up. 

"Mom told me to call you downstairs for dinner." She told me. I nodded with a sigh and went in the bathroom with my cloths as she walk down.

After taking a shower and changing I went downstairs. I frowned when I heard voices coming from the dining room. I step in and stop when I saw Simra in-laws sitting and chatting. I give everyone Salam with a smile and sit beside my grandmother.

Dinner was relaxing with Simra in-laws. They didn't talk to me much which was comfortable. I know Simra already tell them that I am not talkative. It was almost midnight when they stood up to leave. They let Simra stay here tonight before they bid their goodbyes.

"So how are you feeling?" Simra asked me once we were sitting in my room. I shrugged and check my phone to see if I get any message from anyone back at home.

"Honestly, I don't know how to answer it. I mean, it was hard me to learn about him, but I have to expect it." I look down and play with my fingers when I remember that moment. I heard her sigh before she grabbed my hand and squeeze it lightly. 

"Do you still love him?" She asked me softly. I look at her and nodded slowly. She smile and pulled me into a hug. 

"Don't be sad. Everything will be okay." She comforts me. I take a shaky breath and nodded again.

After she comforts me, we talk about things happening here. My other cousin from my Dad's side is coming back from tomorrow morning for the get together. They lived few hours away from the city. My other Aunty and Uncle live in the city. 

We talk about random things and planned everything what we are going to do while I was here. It was 5 in the morning when our eyes started to drop. We sigh, standing up and take turns to do wudu before we start praying. We went to bed at 5:45 and fall asleep as soon as we lay down.

-------------------------------------------------------

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Update! I hope you like and let me know what you think about this chapter.

Sorry for disappearing almost for 2 months. I was having some heath issues again and was moving in my new house but now I am back. If I will be going away again then I will let you all know.

Thank you for your P.M and comments. I am fine now, Alhamdulillah.

Next update will be out soon. In Sha Allah. Follow me on Instagram to know more about updates and upcoming stories.

Instagram: proudtobemuslim1998

New cover. Do you like it? Let me know if I should make it or not.

Thank you for your support

Thank you for your support. :)

-Maddy.!